Stevenson, contemporary art gallery that was started by Michael Stevenson, opened in Cape Town in 2003. A few years later, Stevenson partnered with David Brodie and opened up the Johannesburg branch which can now be found in Braamies.
The gallery has hosted a series of solo and group exhibitions that engage with contemporary art practice in South Africa as well as Africa and its diaspora. Its focus is placed on creating a two-way dialogue with South Africa and the rest of the world. In addition to giving (South) African artists access to the rest of the world, its FOREX programme, started in 2009, has brought the work of international artists like Francis Alÿs, Rineke Dijkstra, Thomas Hirschhorn, Glenn Ligon and Walid Raad to South Africa, often for the first time.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Joburg Ballet Presents Don Quixote
- Comfortable Intimate Live Sessions
- Mandisi Dyantyis At Untitled Basement
- That's Nice At 99 Juta
- Start The Festival Season With The Christmas Spectacular!
- BMW Gallery Exhibition and First Thursday Event
- Rage In The City
- Here's Why You Should Take The Kids To The 32nd Annual Panto!
- On Main Road Public Art Exhibition
- DEAD. Stock Soiree Johannesburg
- Market on Main Pop-Up Market at 44 Stanley
- Joseph Solomon Live In Johannesburg