The Smoking Gun
Marble restaurant, South Africa’s leading live-fire restaurant, has launched a limited-edition smoke-inspired cocktail menu. The six-cocktails, developed by head bartender, George Hunter, are extending the Marble experience of smoke and flame from the kitchen, into the heart of its legendary bar.
“The bar at Marble has always been an integral part of the Marble experience, and it really is where our guests’ journey starts,” explains Marble’s chef, David Higgs. “We have an exquisite space; a beautiful view and an incredible bar team led by our head bartender, George Hunter – someone who I have always admired”.
George explains that in order to match Marble’s ethos, the team has added theatre to how each of the cocktails are served. “Just as Marble is about an elevated experience, so are these cocktails. All six of the cocktails embody the element of smoke – in the name, in the ingredients and in how they are served”.
Six Of The Best
The new cocktails have been designed to elevate the bar program at Marble and will be a separate menu to the restaurant's normal drinks list. Flavours have been intensified and more input has been placed on presentation. Here are the six concoctions that George has come up with:
- Hot Smoke: Bacardí Ocho, Coconut Cream, Peanut Butter, Pineapple Juice, Citrus and Sugar Syrup.
- Smoke Embodied: Aultmore 12yr, Drambuie, Guava Syrup, Citrus, Smoked Pineapple and Activated Charcoal.
- Cold Smoke: Grey Goose, Amaretto, Angostura Aromatic, Chamomile, Honey and Citrus.
- Smoke Within: Dewars 15yr, Dewars 12yr, Martini Rosso and Yellow Chartreuse.
- Smoke from Above: Patrón Reposado, Honey, Citrus, Grapefruit Soda and Smoked Vanilla Air.
- Smoke from Below: Monkey 47, Antica Formula and Coconut Infused Campari.
The smoke-inspired cocktails are a first in a series of limited-edition cocktail menus. Each of the bespoke menus will change seasonally every three to six months and are available at the bar only. All the drinks are priced at R165 each.
For more information, visit www.marble.restaurant