Please note: Christmas market dates are subject to change or be cancelled at any given time. Please contact the event organisers directly for further information and confirmation. No mask = no entry.
Black Horse Brewery’s Annual Christmas Market
- Date: Saturday, 28 November 2020 from 10:00 – 18:00
- Venue: 32 Zeekoeihoek Road, Magaliesburg.
Join Black Horse Brewery for a great day out and about with the family. Their festive Annual Christmas Market is back, and better than ever. Expect to spend the day tucking into some delicious food, strolling through their various craft stalls where you can purchase a bunch of festive goodies. Don’t forget to treat your taste buds and keep cool with a draught of craft beer, or a glass of gin or wine.
The Linden Market: African Christmas
- Date: Saturday, 28 November 2020 and Sunday, 29 November 2020.
- Venue: Emmarentia Botanical Gardens, 45 Thomas Bowler Street, Emmarentia, Johannesburg.
Before the Christmas frenzy begins, visit The Linden Market: African Christmas to get started on your festive shopping. This merry-must will span over TWO DAYS in the heart of Emmarentia Botanical Gardens. Expect everything from stunning market stalls to Santa in the Garden, sweet pooches and live music entertainment and much more. It’s an absolute must visit for the whole family, including your four-legged companions. Other than all the exciting festivities, you definitely shop up a storm here as you’ll find plenty of treasures such as vintage designer clothing, antiques, jewellery and accessories, as well as fresh flowers and organic skincare products. And on the culinary side, there will be lots of gourmet food, craft beer, bubbly and wine.
Destination Christmas Market
- Date: From Wednesday, 02 December 2020 to Saturday, 05 December 2020 from 15:00 to 21:00.
- Venue: Melrose Arch, Melrose Boulevard, Melrose North, Birnam, Johannesburg.
- Cost: Entrance to the market is FREE. However, bring change for parking and shopping.
Get into the festive spirit at the Destination Christmas Markets taking place at Melrose Arch from 02 to 05 December 2020. Here, you’ll find unique Christmas gifts for your friends and loved ones, beautiful festive décor, special handcrafted goodies, stunning jewellery, clothing for all, homeware and accessories, and toys for the little ones. Not only will you get to do some festive shopping, but you can also spend the evening dining at on of the precincts fab foodie spots and enjoying the twinkling Christmas light display lining High Street.
Field Market Christmas Editions
- Date: Saturday, 05 December 2020 from 10:00 – 15:00 in Lanseria | Saturday, 12 December 2020 from 10:00 – 15:00 at Field & Study Park
For the last Field Markets of 2020, the Christmas Edition Markets bring you plenty of festive joy. Take a stroll underneath the trees to browse through curated stalls featuring quality, locally handcrafted items and deli products. And to delight your taste buds, enjoy a wide variety of gourmet food and craft drinks, plus there will be live music. The kids can run wild at the large free play area. Your four-legged companions are more than welcome to join in as long as they’re on a leash.
Irene’s Village Market’s Christmas Markets
- Date: 05, 12, 16, 19 December 2020 from 08:00 – 13:30.
- Venue: Irene Village Market, 07 Nelson Road, Centurion, Pretoria.
If you’re heading to Pretoria over the festive season, be sure not to miss out on Irene Village Market‘s Christmas Markets popping up every Saturday until 19 December (there’ll be another on Reconciliation Day on 16 December). Here, you can get all of your Christmas shopping done and dusted at more than 100 South African handmade arts and craft stalls while enjoying nature with your family. Don’t miss out on a Saturday stroll throw these festive markets and enjoy all the good food, craft beer and gin, the fresh air, live music, crafts and art, and much more.
Royal JHB & Kensington Christmas Market
- Date: From Saturday, 05 December 2020 to Thursday, 10 December 2020 from 11:00 – 18:00.
- Venue: Royal Johannesburg & Kensington Golf Club, 01 Fairway Avenue, Linksfield North, Johannesburg.
Royal Johannesburg & Kensington Golf Club is hosting a Christmas Market that’s sure to have all of the festive bells and whistles that comes along with the holiday season! There will be a wide variety of stalls showcasing beautiful gifting ideas, plenty of Christmas decor, fashion items, accessories and so so much more!
Country Christmas Market
- Date: Sunday, 06 December 2020 from 11:00 – 16:00.
- Venue: Country Market at Country Pub, 35 Cedar Road, Corner Main and Cedar Roads, Midrand, Johannesburg.
The highly anticipated annual Country Christmas Market in Kyalami is back with yet another jolly edition offering the perfect combination of fun, entertainment and shopping. Enjoy a lovely day out and about in the countryside admiring the Christmas gifts and themed stalls, plus there’s a feel-good factor because you’ll be supporting local vendors, artisans and crafters. A kiddie play area will keep the little ones occupied and dogs on leash are welcome. So, pull up a bench and spend the afternoon wining and dining with great friends while enjoying fantastic music in this rustic country setting. There’s FREE entrance, FREE parking, FREE Wi-Fi, too!
KAMERS/Makers 2020 Irene
- Date: Tuesday, 08 December 2020 to Sunday, 13 December 2020 from 09:00 – 17:00 daily.
- Venue: Cornwall Hill College, Nellmapius Drive, Irene, Pretoria.
The artisanal market we all know and love, KAMERS/Makers, will be returning to Irene, Pretoria, this December! This is the perfect opportunity to get started on all your Christmas shopping. For a celebratory end to 2020, the country’s original artisan ‘up’-market returns to Cornwall Hill College for a shopping experience like no other. Get ready for more than 200 proudly SA designers and crafters, all showcasing the coolest stuff you’ve never seen before – from fashion, food, skincare and ceramics to jewellery, lifestyle, music and much more. Click here to get your tickets now.
Italian Club Christmas Market
- Date: Friday, 11 December 2020 to Wednesday, 16 December 2020 from 12:00 – 20:00.
- Venue: 07 Marais Road, Bedfordview, Germiston, Johannesburg
If you’re in Bedfordview in mid December and would like to enjoy some festive celebrations and retail therapy, then be sure not to miss the Italian Club Christmas Market! This very festive gathering is one of the biggest in Johannesburg! Pop in, delight your taste buds and senses, and also do some Christmas shopping. This market is a must-visit for the whole family! There is a R10 voluntary entrance fee that goes to charity.
The Night Market Before Christmas
- Date: Friday, 11 December 2020 from 16:00.
- Venue: Molly Malones Fourways, Sunset Avenue, Pine Slopes, Fourways, Johannesburg.
Join Molly Malone’s Fourways for their first-ever Alternative Christmas Market held by Alternatribe. Here, you can expect to find an interesting selection of handmade goth, punk, vintage, metalist, rocker and steampunk items and art, as well as clothing, jewellery, music, decor, bags, books, fandom and much more! The Molly’s Bar and Restaurant is also open to get the weekend started. The big screen will be showing the perfect christmas movie for this event.
Sylvia’s Christmas Market Under The Stars
- Date: Saturday, 19 December 2020 from 17:00 – 22:00.
- Venue: Sylvia’s Market, 27 George Avenue, Fairmount, Johannesburg.
Get your last-minute gifts and stocking fillers done and dusted at the Christmas Market Under The Stars, brought to you by Sylvia’s Market. Here, you can enjoy a merry setting with great food, wonderful crafts and lots of entertainment for both young and old. There will be live entertainment featuring a up-and-coming singers and a DJ. And for the kids, there will be carnival rides that are sure to thrill and delight, as well as a special visit from the ever-popular and beloved, Santa Claus!