Xai Xai, named after a Mozambican beach resort, is located on the trendy and all to familiar 7th Street, Melville. The restaurant is known to many as a Mozambican Shebeen. Their menu boasts traditional Portuguese meals, showing off a variety of breakfasts, brunches, burgers, pizzas, sandwiches, seafood and vegetarian meals. This is a lively yet laid-back cocktail bar that is frequented by students, artists and hippies.
Have you been here before? Rate and review your experience below!
- Do You Even Poetry (Night)?
- Speed Wagon - Hell's Kitchen Melville
- Christmas at 27 Boxes
- Lavender Graffiti EP Launch
- The Green Night Market
- Streetopia Melville
- SecretEATS presents an Afro-French Secret Dinner
- Top Spots To View The Jacarandas Bloom In Joburg
- Trendy Joburg Spots
- Indian Diwali Festival and Market at 27 Boxes Melville
- Walala Wasala - Makers And Bakers Day
- A Tasty World To Explore At NCW Restaurant In Melville
Xai Xai brings delicious cuisine from Mozambique to Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 28 reviews
I’ve been to Xai Xai a number of times. The service is usually great and the food consistently of a great standard - nothing like their flaming chouriço, the trinchado or the peri peri prawns. This...
Xai Xai Lounge doesn't look that great from passing by on the sidewalk but they have really good pizza and burgers, very tasty and served fast and hot and delicious and well made with good...
The Mozambique Prawn Curry was excellent. The service matched the quality of the food and the Belgian beer was ice cold.