If you’re looking for a relaxing weekend away with your loved ones, then head off to the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens. The Botanical Garden is home to more than 198 bird species and a number of reptiles and small mammals such as the common duiker. Special features are the tree wisteria (Bolusanthus speciosus) avenue and special collections of medicinal plants, cycads, aloes, tree species, succulents and natural ridge vegetation. The green lawns and spreading shade trees in summer and the massed aloe collections that blaze into flower during winter, are just some of the seasonal features that draw visitors to the garden. This is a great outdoor adventure that will keep the whole family entertained.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Paint Night - An Art Experience
- Roodepoort Rugby Club Pub Crawl
- Yoga in the park
- The Medicine Dolls - SA Tour
- Frank Turner Solo Southern Hemisphere Tour 2020
- Rand Symphonic Orchestra at Roodepoort Theatre
- Wonderland Of Lights
- Get Up To 70% Off Stunning Handbags At Via La Moda's Black Friday Sale!
- Jozi Tese Festival 2019
- Christmas Carols Under The Stars
- Refentse & Band Live at Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens
- Leroy Merlin Sets Up Store In Little Falls
The gardens are the perfect place to have a picnic, go on a hike or take a leisurely stroll through the vegetation.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 596 reviews
Great for family, friends and couples to enjoy a great day of picnic under a tree or on lush green lawns.
The gardens are extensive, beautifully kept, the staff are to be commended. The 70 metre, plus waterfall. Walking trails, Exersize area, resturant indoors and outside under trees. A rock trail laid...
Went there with my friends for a hike. The place is great for hiking and just relaxing with your friends & family. I love the serenity, peace & nature surrounding the place.