If you’re looking for a relaxing weekend away with your loved ones, then head off to the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens. The Botanical Garden is home to more than 198 bird species and a number of reptiles and small mammals such as the common duiker. Special features are the tree wisteria (Bolusanthus speciosus) avenue and special collections of medicinal plants, cycads, aloes, tree species, succulents and natural ridge vegetation. The green lawns and spreading shade trees in summer and the massed aloe collections that blaze into flower during winter, are just some of the seasonal features that draw visitors to the garden. This is a great outdoor adventure that will keep the whole family entertained.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Visit The West Side Craft & Food Market In Roodepoort
- Old Mutual Music In The Gardens
- Beautiful, Beautiful Favourites at Roodepoort Theatre
- Womb Outside My Body and Mina - Double Bill
- Niel Berg Forgotten
- Giant Creature World Expo
- Ladies Paint Night - Fun With Abstract
- 2019 Goddess Divine Festival
- Plushy Fest 2019
- Robby Collins - Iyeza Comedy Tour
- Clearwater Mall Gaming Expo
- Clearwater Mall & zaLUG LEGO Expo
The gardens are the perfect place to have a picnic, go on a hike or take a leisurely stroll through the vegetation.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 569 reviews
I have come here dozens and dozens of times over the years. I maintain the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens is an absolute MUST DO in Johannesburg. If anything with the addition of market stalls now...
Loved the natural walking paths in this beautiful garden filled with many surprises and wonderful nooks and crannies!
On Saturday the 26th of July, Myself and 3 other adults went through to the Walter Sisulu "Christmas in July". What a disappointment, having a string a light just thrown into the trees does not make...