If you’re looking for a relaxing weekend away with your loved ones, then head off to the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens. The Botanical Garden is home to more than 198 bird species and a number of reptiles and small mammals such as the common duiker. Special features are the tree wisteria (Bolusanthus speciosus) avenue and special collections of medicinal plants, cycads, aloes, tree species, succulents and natural ridge vegetation. The green lawns and spreading shade trees in summer and the massed aloe collections that blaze into flower during winter, are just some of the seasonal features that draw visitors to the garden. This is a great outdoor adventure that will keep the whole family entertained.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Hire Your Dream Wedding Dress
- Don't Miss Black Friday Fever Weekend At Northgate
- Welcome To Clearwater Mall
- Explore Johannesburg West & The West Rand
- Botanical Gardens And Nature Reserves In Roodepoort
- Municipal Services In Roodepoort
- Restaurants in Roodepoort
- Schools in Roodepoort
- Shopping in Roodepoort
- Welcome to Roodepoort
- Westgate Shopping Centre Stores Open During Lockdown Level 4
- CANCELLED: Outdoor Movie Experience - Dirty Dancing
The gardens are the perfect place to have a picnic, go on a hike or take a leisurely stroll through the vegetation.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 608 reviews
Spent a lovely day at the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens with my family. Gardens are well kept. The hike trail was manageable for my 9 and 12 year old girls.
The gardens offer a chance to enjoy nature in close vicinity to the city Depending on your plans, you can pack food or get something from the restaurant It can get busy so plan your day to arrive...
Awesome garden with a waterfall. Nice and lovely routes for walking. Wonderful place to take pictures and make memories.