For the ultimate whisky experience, make sure you visit WhiskyBrother Bar in Morningside. This is the only dedicated whisky bar in the city. They ONLY do whisky and currently have over 1 200 whiskies from 20 different countries, all available for tasting in either 15ml or 25ml pours. They host whisky tastings on a regular basis for public and private groups. To find out when the next tasting will be, check out their Facebook page for the upcoming dates.
- Website: www.whiskybrother.com
- Tel: 011 883 3762
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Morningside Shopping Centre (inside mall on the lower level), corner Rivonia Road and Outspan Road, Morningside, Sandton, Johannesburg
If you’re looking for a whisky bar which trumps all whisky bars, it would be the Maxim Lounge at the Da Vinci Hotel & Suites. It’s considered to be Sandton’s most elite and exclusive whisky, wine and cigar lounge, offering guests an experience of sophistication and elegance in a stylish venue. Did you know that The Maxim Lounge serves some of the most exclusive and rarest whiskies in the world? No, well, now you know!
- Website: www.legacyhotels.co.za
- Tel: 011 292 7111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Shop 408, Legacy Corner, Upper Level, corner 5th and Maude Street, Sandton, Johannesburg
Tapas and bourbon. If we could, we would enjoy that combination every day. Whisky bars are on the rise lately and has become a little luxury we all need more of. Although Workshop 55 in Parktown North is not strictly a malt lover’s haven by trade, it boasts all the bells and whistles necessary to host a whiskey tasting. The tapas bar has a wide variety of whiskies on stand by, just waiting for you to pay them a visit.
- Website: www.workshop55.co.za
- Tel: 011 442 6252
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 55 7th Avenue, Parktown North, Johannesburg
Winston Churchill once said that he’s taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of him. With that being said, it should be noted that Churchills Bar in Melrose Arch is the kind of place where people go to get their single malt whiskies on. From 12-year-old to 25-year-old Glenlivet, it’s all at Churchills Bar. They also host an array of interesting events throughout the year, so be sure to visit their Facebook page to see what’s coming up.
- Website: www.churchillsbar.co.za
- Tel: 011 684 1040
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Shop 52Hl, Melrose Arch Piazza, Melrose Arch Boulevard, Birnam, Johannesburg
Southern Sun – Hyde Park
There is a very good reason why whisky is the most strictly regulated spirit in the world. Head to the Southern Sun Hotel in Hyde Park and enjoy their Whisky and Cigar Bar to its fullest extent. Single and blended malts are popular here and go well with the view from the deck. This is also a great spot to unwind after a long day at the office, complete with stunning skyline views of the city.
- Website: www.tsogosun.com
- Tel: 011 341 8080
- Address: 1st Road, Hyde Park, Sandton, Johannesburg
The Terrace Wine & Cigar Bar
Whisky bars are some of the most intimate and relaxed places you’ll ever visit and the Terrace Wine & Cigar Bar at the Hyatt Regency Johannesburg is classified as a hidden gem to those who view themselves as connoisseurs. Be sure to take advantage of their wide selection of barley malts.
- Website: www.hyatt.com
- Tel: 011 280 1234
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 191 Oxford Road, Rosebank, Johannesburg
Disclaimer: Drink responsibly. Alcohol is not for sale to persons under the age of 18. Do not drink and drive.