The Market Reopens
The Bryanston Organic & Natural Market closed in mid-March in accordance with lockdown regulations. This not only impacted their loyal patrons, but the hard-working artisans and traders who rely on the market to make ends meet. Thankfully, the market has now been allowed to reopen to sell essential goods, takeaways and clothing under level 3 lockdown.
On Thursday, 02 July 2020, the market officially reopened for full trade, welcoming back as many traders as possible to bring quality organic food and household products to their customers. You can purchase food items (including takeaways and hot drinks), winter clothing and bedding, trinkets and medical items at the market.
The market’s restaurant traders are also back in full swing. Take a seat under the beautiful trees in the tea garden to enjoy a sit down meal. Take your pick from pizza prepared by La Cuisine du Jardin, Empanadas from Churrie Kings, banting options from The Keto Kitchen, vegan food from Leafy Greens, Indian street food from Meera’s or a delicious piece of cake or quiche from Bettina’s Cafe. It’s the perfect feast to welcome you back to your favourite organic market in the city!
You can now visit the Bryanston Organic & Natural Market on Thursdays between 09:30 – 13:00 or on Saturdays between 09:00 – 15:00 to get your hands on all your organic goodies.
View this post on Instagram
We’re back on Thursdays! From 2 July 2020, the market’s opening every Thursday again from 9:30 am – 1 pm. With single entry, limited numbers & Covid-compliant hygiene protocols. For fresh food & deli, pantry, health & wellness, face masks, eco-cleaning, and take-away foods too. Bryanston Organic & Natural Market. #BryanstonOrganicMarket #Organic #OrganicInTheCity #OpenOnThursday #shoplocal #organic #handmade #farmersmarket #supportlocal #fresh
In accordance with lockdown regulations, the Bryanston Organic & Natural Market reopened under special conditions. These have been put in place to not only protect their traders, but you as well. These are just some of the precautions now in place at the market:
- The market will only have one entry and exit point.
- As is now the norm in supermarkets, they may only admit 50 customers at a time. Entrance remains free.
- All customers, market staff and traders must wear masks or visors at all times. They may not admit anyone not wearing a mask.
- All customers, market staff and traders will have their temperature checked when entering the market.
- They kindly ask that you sanitise your hands on entry and throughout the day. Soap for hand-washing will be available in the restrooms for your convenience.
- The Bryanston Organic & Natural Market is well-known as a highly social space, but in these very trying times they request that you complete your shopping timeously in order to allow the next line of shoppers to enter the market. Please limit your shopping party to a maximum of two people. No pets will be allowed at this time.
- The market will enforce that you maintain a safe distance from your fellow shoppers while shopping and if queuing.
- Their preferred method of payment at this time is a credit or debit card or SnapScan. Their vendors will sanitise their card machines after each transaction.
View this post on Instagram
Our thanks to everyone who popped in to market yesterday. Thank you for queing, for wearing a face mask, for allowing your temperature to be taken and hands sanitised. More than anything, thank you for supporting our vendors . Next market will be held on Saturday May 30th from 10am to 1pm #covid19 #lockdown2020 #marketdays #MarketsNotMalls #shoplocal #shopoutdoors #wearamask #supportorganicfarmers #ilovelonehill #ilovedainfern #ilovesandton #ilovebryanston #cheese #pastries #keto #organicveg #honey #naturalwinter
If you aren’t quite ready to brave the world just yet, fear not. The Bryanston Organic & Natural Market’s online store is still up and running. Here you can order a range of essential products from their top traders, including Braeside Meat Market, The Bryanston Market PGS Farmer Stall and Leafy Greens. Order your products at their online store or via email before 14:00 on a Monday to receive your order at the market or to your door by the same Thursday. The market is currently only delivering within a 20km radius from their venue and all orders must be to the value of R250 or more.
Buy Now, Enjoy Later
Many of the market’s regular traders have not been permitted to trade in lockdown. You can help support their livelihoods by purchasing a Bryanston Market Gift Voucher through their Yoco account. These vouchers will be valid for three years and can be dedicated to your vendor of choice. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know exactly who your donation should go towards.
For More Information
Visit www.bryanstonorganicmarket.co.za for more information about the Bryanston Organic & Natural Market’s lockdown initiatives and updates on their next market event.
You can also follow them on social media to stay up to date with their latest news:
Details: 40 Culross Road (off Main Road), Bryanston, Johannesburg | 27 (11) 706 3671 | email@example.com