Rietvlei Nature Reserve covers over 3 800 hectares of endangered Bankenveld grassland, with open plains and undulating hills. The extensive vlei areas and tributary streams support the scenic splendour of the azure blue Rietvlei Dam. This is the perfect place to go game viewing or bird watching. Facilities include Marais Dam picnic, bird hide, guided day and night drives and daily bus tours. Angling areas, mountain bike trails and overnight facilities are also available. To find out more about Rietvlei nature Reserve click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Celebrate The Easter Weekend At Irene Farm
- Don't Miss Wian The Magician At Tiger's Milk!
- Getaway Destinations Within Driving Distance Of Joburg
- Hire A Vintage Car For Your Wedding Day
- Winter Wedding Venues With Fireplaces To Keep You Warm
- The Grillroom & Sushi Bar In Pretoria Is Here
- Don't Miss The Capital Hotels & Apartments' Black Friday Deals
- Staycation Deals In & Around The City – 2020
- Here's What You Can Get Up To In November!
- Game Farms Around Johannesburg
- Time Square Is Set To Reopen!
- Explore Nature In And Around The City
The Rietvlei Nature Reserve is situated just outside of Pretoria and is owned by the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality. Pay them a visit to encounter cheetah, leopard, buffalo and white rhino on guided hiking or horse trails.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 737 reviews
Went for a game drive but we mostly saw ostrich and zebras. We were told that they also have cheetahs but unfortunately we could not spot one. The drive is a sigh of fresh air as you connect with...
Nice to go for afternoon drive through this nature reserve, you will see some animals, nice bird hide.
Just do not visit the Coffee shop! Worst cappuccino and food I had in a while. This is a small reserve but has some nice spots and you can get close to some animals. Mainly Zebras so don’t get too...