Rietvlei Nature Reserve covers over 3 800 hectares of endangered Bankenveld grassland, with open plains and undulating hills. The extensive vlei areas and tributary streams support the scenic splendour of the azure blue Rietvlei Dam. This is the perfect place to go game viewing or bird watching. Facilities include Marais Dam picnic, bird hide, guided day and night drives and daily bus tours. Angling areas, mountain bike trails and overnight facilities are also available. To find out more about Rietvlei nature Reserve click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Malls That Are Offering Essential Services During #LockdownSA
- Retrolex Consultancy
- POSTPONED: Dis-Chem BoobaLoo Baby Boutique Expo
- Father & Son Blind Beer & Biltong Tasting 2020
- +LIVE+ Announce Return To SA For Their 25th Anniversary Throwing Copper Tour
- StayFresh Varsity Freshers Party
- The Art of Africa - A Guided Visit To The Javett-UP Art Centre
- Brooklyn Theatre - The Home Of Classical Music In Pretoria
- Fit Bash By THAT.FUN.FIT.FEST
- It's Personal Picnic
- Explore These Exciting February Events
The Rietvlei Nature Reserve is situated just outside of Pretoria and is owned by the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality. Pay them a visit to encounter cheetah, leopard, buffalo and white rhino on guided hiking or horse trails.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 730 reviews
Jan C Says:
Precious and rare in a country that disrespects what public service should be. PLEASE correct the spelling, it is Nelmapius Road and it is Centurion!
My father's two brothers and their wives were visiting Pretoria and I was looking for a special place to take the septuagenarians and octogenarians. Restaurants are too noisy and costly and they all...
The place has two sections. One the nature reserve and another the picnic / braai around the lake. It takes entire day depending on what you want to do. My kids thoroughly enjoy it each time we...