Melville is an area of Joburg that went through a bit of a slump a couple of years ago but it has managed to come back with a bang as of late. It’s filled to the brim with restaurants, bars and shops – the bustling 7th Street is the place to go. Melville is now home to 27Boxes, an innovative shopping centre made out of shipping containers. More and more people are flocking to this super-trendy area for food, drinks and a bit of retail therapy in this bustling centre. When it comes to Melville as a whole, key spots to look out for include Hell’s Kitchen, a rockabilly-themed bar and eatery, Lucky Bean, a great go-to to get a tasty meal and Jo’Anna Melt Bar, a bar with a jukebox and cheese-themed food spot all in one.
Melville is also a residential area with homes and guest houses surrounding the main street.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Pick Me Up Poetry Presents Rasheed Copeland
- Love Me So Wine Club - July Edition
- The Brand-New Whippet In Melville Harvest Store Is Officially Open!
- 19 Italian Songs and Arias in Melville
- Melville Comedy Club
- First Sundays Melville July 2019
- Walala Wasala Makers And Bakers
- Walala Wasala - Makers And Bakers Day
- Mingle With The Single At Love Birds Singles Party
- Laugh Into The Relaunch Of Gina With Hilarious Eugene Mathews
- If The Thrift Store Is Your Happy Place, Read On!
- Wednesday Jazz Night at Six Cocktail Bar
Melville is a bohemian suburb of Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 305 reviews
Sharon R Says:
Even though we were visiting during the day, it was clear this would be a great place to stop for a drink after work and then find a place for dinner. Then end your night at a different venue for...
A really cool place if your looking for something to do. If it's breakfast you want then Pablo Eggs Go Bar is your place... If you're looking for lunch, I'm 100% certain you'll find something for...
Stayed here at a guest house in this area, loved the quite sourroudings as well less bustling street filled with variety resturants and shops.