Melville is an area of Joburg that went through a bit of a slump a couple of years ago but it has managed to come back with a bang as of late. It’s filled to the brim with restaurants, bars and shops – the bustling 7th Street is the place to go. Melville is now home to 27Boxes, an innovative shopping centre made out of shipping containers. More and more people are flocking to this super-trendy area for food, drinks and a bit of retail therapy in this bustling centre. When it comes to Melville as a whole, key spots to look out for include Hell’s Kitchen, a rockabilly-themed bar and eatery, Lucky Bean, a great go-to to get a tasty meal and Jo’Anna Melt Bar, a bar with a jukebox and cheese-themed food spot all in one.
Melville is also a residential area with homes and guest houses surrounding the main street.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- The Green Night Market
- Streetopia Melville
- SecretEATS presents an Afro-French Secret Dinner
- Top Spots To View The Jacarandas Bloom In Joburg
- Trendy Joburg Spots
- Indian Diwali Festival and Market at 27 Boxes Melville
- Walala Wasala - Makers And Bakers Day
- A Tasty World To Explore At NCW Restaurant In Melville
- Pick Me Up Poetry Presents Rasheed Copeland
- Love Me So Wine Club - July Edition
- The Brand-New Whippet In Melville Harvest Store Is Officially Open!
- 19 Italian Songs and Arias in Melville
Melville is a bohemian suburb of Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 311 reviews
Gigi R Says:
My spouse had a conference there so no choice in areas. I was followed and rob in a restaurant on 7 street. The bartender was in it. He called his friends. I was walking around trying to blen in but...
We thought since we in the vicinity, as we live in Pretoria, we will go experience 7th avenue in Mellville and see what the hype is all about. Well, what a humongous disappointment awaited us. The...
Things constantly change in Melville. You can never get bored. Restaurant s are many so are coffeeshops. Visit 27 boxes and browse for hours