Marquee TV Comes To South Africa!
Those who enjoy the grace, beauty and thrills of performing arts, opera, dance and theatre are in for a special treat as Marquee TV launches in South Africa. Marquee TV brings the Bolshoi Ballet, the Royal Opera House, Glyndebourne, the Royal Shakespeare Company and many more straight to your TV, laptop, tablet or smart phone – anytime, anywhere.
Launched in 2018, Marquee TV is an on-demand streaming platform that’s dedicated to global arts and culture. Offering a world-class catalogue of contemporary and classic masterpieces, Marquee TV was created for a growing digital audience of determined culture lovers and the arts-curious.
Marquee TV features thousands of hours of content that includes exclusive titles, behind-the-scenes views, early releases, directors’ cuts and shorts and much more.
Where You Can Watch Your Favourite Arts
Viewers stream their favourite art performances in many ways. Marquee TV can be streamed on various different platforms including:
- Streaming from their website (where subscribers can manage their accounts and buy gift cards)
- On your television (available on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- On your smart phone, on-the-go (available on both iOS and Android)
“Watching performances on demand is a distinct experience from heading to the theatre, and streaming is opening up cultural content to a new arts-curious generation,” says Simon Walker, co-founder and CEO of Marquee TV. “After successful launches in the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand, we’re thrilled to bring Marquee TV to South Africa, giving customers access to premier multi-genre performing arts content that is not available anywhere else.”
With theatres, auditoriums and cinemas across the country closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, Marquee TV offers a convenient and exciting addition to at-home viewing. Plus, it’s available nationwide!
Productions You Can Expect To See
Marquee TV’s programming includes acclaimed productions including:
- the Bolshoi Ballet’s Sleeping Beauty starring Svetlana Zakharova and David Hallberg;
- Royal Shakespeare Company’s Richard II starring David Tennant (Doctor Who, Jessica Jones);
- The Royal Ballet’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland;
- the Royal Opera House’s Madama Butterfly starring Ermonela Jaho;
- Glyndebourne’s The Barber of Seville starring Danielle de Niese and Alessandro Corbelli;
- New York City Ballet in Paris;
- Kidd Pivot/Electric Company Theatre’s Betroffenheit;
- and contemporary productions by Akram Khan, Robert Wilson and Mark Morris.
Catch Premieres Every Saturday
New releases premiere every Saturday, giving you something new and different to look forward to every week.
A few recent premieres have included:
- La Traviata and Cavalleria Rusticana / Pagliacci from The Royal Opera;
- Swan Lake from The Royal Ballet;
- Giselle from English National Ballet;
- and the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Twelfth Night.
Shows to look out for during the month of May 2020 include:
- Romeo and Juliet from the Royal Shakespeare Company (09 May 2020);
- Glyndebourne’s Vanessa (16 May 2020);
- and Coppelia performed by the Bolshoi Ballet (30 May 2020).
Get A Special Offer When You Subscribe
Marquee TV is available in South Africa at R99.99 per month or R999.99 per year.
New subscribers get the first 14 days FREE.
And for a limited time only, they’re offering 30% off on annual subscriptions, which means you’ll pay R699.99 for the year. Plus, you still get the first 14 days free. But this is for a limited time only, so subscribe now.
For More Information
For more information, visit www.marquee.tv.