The Maboneng Precinct is a re-imagined version of a town that had gone through a bit of a slum. Propertuity, a property giant, gentrified an entire precinct, and turned it into what it is today… a hub filled with creative people, a market, fine food, great drinks and awesome parties!
Propertuity also built a range of flats, which are inhabited by trendy people who love living in the heart of Joburg, surrounded by anything and everything they could ever need.
Arts on Main is a weekly market that’s held each Sunday and boasts a range of delicious food vendors, a bar and fabulous clothes and accessories, too. It’s a great outing for friends and families alike. It also has its own restaurant called Canteen.
The Bioscope is an independent cinema that calls Maboneng home. It’s here that art films, documentaries and cult classics are screened on the regular. Plus, you can bring food and drink from its neighbouring restaurant, Chalkboard Cafe, inside with you.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Shopping Up A Storm At The Maboneng Precinct
- The Art of Comics Film Screenings: Polina
- Special Screening of 'Burkinabe Rising' (with Q&A)
- Maboneng Pride Art Festival
- Mirari Gin & Chocolate Pairing
- 2019 Absa L’Atelier Exhibition
- Johannesburg Pride 2019: Everything You Need To Know
- Trendy Joburg Spots
- John And Yoko: Above Us Only Sky
- Companies That Deliver Alcohol
- There Lives Many Tales At The POPArt Theatre In Maboneng
- Don't miss Matthew Ribnick in 'Hoot!' at POPArt Theatre
The Maboneng Precinct has been dubbed the coolest place in the inner city.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 559 reviews
Suzette K Says:
This is an area that I would use caution. We arrived in Johannesburg at a time when there was xenophobic violence in the city. We were told to avoid “downtown.” A few days later, a friend invited...
I love the way the old buildings have been given a new energy, bringing life back into a very dismal area. Great little food zones. Vibey on the weekend
Diane M Says:
We had heard the Maboneng Precinct was revitalized and full of art galleries, restaurants, bars and shops. It was a great area to visit. The shopkeepers could not have been nicer, the street vendors...