What Is It?
Join the LGBT community as they celebrate and raise awareness at the Pride Festival for four days of fabulous fun. This year’s theme is Green, symbolising #Growth, and it encourages people to celebrate who they are without judgement and be more open to the diversity in our societies. Expect loads of entertainment, including live music, DJs, drag acts, a fashion show, food stalls and bars. So rally up the troops and join this colourful festival.
Johannesburg Pride 2018 also has a more serious side to it with six informative sessions delivered by experts in their fields. The topics are:
- Civil unions – what you need to know
- Surrogacy and fertilisation
- Trans health
- Women’s health
- Men’s health
Where Is It?
The Pride of Africa Parade and Mardi Gras is at Melrose Arch, other events TBC.
When Is It?
There are several events over the four days:
- Thursday, 25 October 2018 at 15:00 — Beyond The Closet
- Friday, 26 October 2018 at 08:30 — Fit and Fabulous SWEAT1000 and at 19:30 is the Mister Pride of Africa
- Saturday, 27 October 2018 at 11:00 — Pride of Africa Parade and Mardi Gras followed at 20:00 by the Pride of Africa Music Concert
- Sunday, 28 October 2018 at 10:00 — Stand Up For Passion
How Much Is It?
The Pride of Africa Parade and Mardi Gras is FREE!
For ticket prices and updates about the other daily events keep an eye on Johannesburg Pride’s social media platforms Twitter: @JhbPride and Facebook.
For More Information
Visit their Facebook page