Situated in Bedfordview, Gillooy’s Farm provides a quiet escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Picnic and braai facilities are available on this 44 hectare piece of land. There are also walking trails, recreational areas for children and a wonderful waterside restaurant (Mrs Sippi Blues). The Farm has an array of bird species such as the White-breasted Cormorant, Reed Cormorant, African Darter and Grey Heron to name a few. Apart from the birds, the farm also has a large man-made lake, which is home to a number of fish species like the Common Carp, Blue Kurper and Sharptooth Catfish (Barbel).
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Osteria Rossa
- Salsa Mexican Grill Bedford Centre
- Doppio Zero South Africa
- POSTPONED: The Bedfordview Night Market - Mad Hatters Market
- Drive-In Bedfordview
- Take ‘Sitting In Traffic’ To A New Level Of Convenience With Zeelo
- Made With Love - Cookie Decorating Class at SugarBear Bakery
- Valentine's Beyond - Kaylee's Vegan Fine Dining Experience
- Halo Holistic Craft Market
- Best Brunch Spots In Bedfordview
- Festival of Fun With Carnival Rides at Eastgate Shopping Centre
- Des and Doreen's Legacy Christmas House
Gillooly’s Farm is a public facility that falls under the jurisdiction of Ekurhuleni Municipality. Entrance is free and it is open most days.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 13 reviews
Shocking service from wait staff and management combined with unhygienic conditions. management unresponsive and disinterested.
We have arrived to the restaurant after nice morning run, great weather, good mood, so it was time to have breakfast. We order our coffees while waiting for our food. With my luck, there was a...
Stay away as we found a massive cockroache in our coffee which makes you question hygiene in their kitchen and when we called the manager and eventually found her after 4 attempts she said "wait for...