After a 2-Year Covid-19 Break, the 18th Annual Vaal Wine Expo is Back!
Why travel all the way to the Cape to sip and savour some of the best wines in country when you can do exactly that in the Vaal? Enjoy unlimited superb wine tastings right on the banks of the Vaal River at The Vaal Wine Expo 2022, taking place at Stonehaven on Vaal on Saturday, 30 July 2022 from 12:00 until 17:00.
Your ticket includes:
- A branded tasting glass to use and take home;
- Unlimited tastings of over 280 different wines;
- Buy your favourite wines at discounted prices;
- A choice of a 30-minute Vaal River Cruise voucher OR a R50 food voucher to use on the day; and
- Access to food stalls, kiddies play area, restaurant and bar.
Tickets limited to 1 000 are set to sell out fast! NO tickets will be available on the day.
Don't Miss The Vaal River Meander Wine Route
The popular 8-week annual Vaal River Meander Wine Route, is a well-priced wine and foodie treat to beat the winter blues, as well as being able to do this at a quirky variation of different venues on or around the banks of the Vaal River, just 45-minutes from Joburg.
Cost & Venues?
It's R50 per person to enjoy tastings of 8 different wines. Each of the venues on the Wine Route showcase different farms – so, you can hop from venue to venue to savour different wine farms’ vintages. The eight venues are all positioned either on or near the Vaal River.
The Wine Route is a relaxing way to taste the best South African wines, and a feel-good way to spend a lazy winter Saturday and Sunday (from midday to 18:00, every weekend).
The Vaal River Meander Wine Route will take place from Saturday, 04 June 2022 to Sunday, 24 July 2022, on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
This is the perfect opportunity to appreciate the wonderful wines South Africa boasts – all in a welcoming environment.
Gauteng’s most popular Wine Route discerns itself from all the other Wine Routes in South Africa, in that it has a record number of ways in which you can enjoy this winter wine treat. Be it by houseboat, luxury cruiser, water-taxi, tour-bus or in your own car or by helicopter – the Vaal River Meander Wine Route has more ways to enjoy it than any other Wine Route in the country.
The different venues where you can enjoy all these tastings, are so diverse and offer contrasting experiences – as do their wines. Enjoy eloquently sipping wine:
- at a classy hotel on the river;
- in front of a roaring fireplace in a cosy pub;
- while trying your hand at Lady Luck at the casino;
- while enjoying the view from a boathouse overlooking the river;
- a picnic wine tasting treat;
- aboard your very own houseboat which you can enjoy travelling to different venues in for wine tasting;
- a private wine tasting cruise for your group of friends or company;
- or aboard a luxury cruiser restaurant enjoying your luncheon while also enjoying the wine tasting.
There are also special weekend accommodation packages which include fun things like Dinner Theater as well as delightful food and wine pairing meals.
Great For Corporate
This is also a great opportunity for companies to entertain their clients or staff to well-priced wine tasting experiences, with or without food pairing – every experience with a distinctive edge.
If you want to organise a corporate or private group outing during these 8 week, there are a number of packages to choose from, and personalised packages can be put together for you too, tailored for your individual, corporate or private needs.