Set in the heartland of Joburg, Emmarentia Park has two major attractions for visitors. The Johannesburg Botanic Gardens, and Emmarentia Dam. The garden has seven distinct gardens – the Herb Garden, the Hedge Garden, the Succulent Garden, the Shakespeare Garden, the Rose Garden, the Chapel Garden and the Arboretum (a collection composed exclusively of trees). The dam offers rowing enthusiasts the opportunity to enjoy their sport within the city. The dam attracts a variety of bird life, while on the wide spaces to the north west of the dam people walk their dogs, picnic, jog along the pathways, or simply chill out.
Have you been here before? Rate and review your experience below!
- Get Out & Explore The Linden Market 2021: Autumn Eclectic
- WIN Tickets To See Matthew Mole & GoodLuck LIVE "On The Lawn"
- POSTPONED: Johnny Clegg Tribute Concert
- Joburg Dessert Festival
- Must-Visit Restaurants For A Post-Workout Meal
- The Linden Market 2020
- Huawei Joburg Day In The Park
- Learn The Art Of Home Brewing With National Food Products
- Introduction to Cheese Making Course
- Movie Night In The Park
- #JoburgCares: Avon Justine iThemba Walkathon
- Five Reasons Why You Shouldn't Miss The Linden Market - Spring Edition
Emmarentia Dam and the surrounding botanical gardens provide a beautiful green space and recreational area for Joburgers and visitors alike.
Venue Name:Emmarentia Dam
Olifants Road, Emmarentia, Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 460 reviews
We were very disappointed @ the current state of the Gardens. Once beautifully maintained, visually stimulating and peaceful, the gardens have fallen into a state of disrepair. In the Rose Garden...
The botanical gardens at Emmarentia are superbly maintained and contain a wonderful array of plants. Set near the lake where one can find a coffee shop, paddlers, sailors, ducks and dogs it is a...
During our walk there gardens we saw many different roses. The water fountain we're dry. Restaurant was closed. It was a Monday so we had the gardens to ourselves.