Set in the heartland of Joburg, Emmarentia Park has two major attractions for visitors. The Johannesburg Botanic Gardens, and Emmarentia Dam. The garden has seven distinct gardens – the Herb Garden, the Hedge Garden, the Succulent Garden, the Shakespeare Garden, the Rose Garden, the Chapel Garden and the Arboretum (a collection composed exclusively of trees). The dam offers rowing enthusiasts the opportunity to enjoy their sport within the city. The dam attracts a variety of bird life, while on the wide spaces to the north west of the dam people walk their dogs, picnic, jog along the pathways, or simply chill out.
Have you been here before? Rate and review your experience below!
- The Linden Market Christmas Cookie Decoration Workshop
- Movie Night In The Park
- #JoburgCares: Avon Justine iThemba Walkathon
- Five Reasons Why You Shouldn't Miss The Linden Market - Spring Edition
- Free Self Defence Courses & Open Day At MTG Fighting Fit Central
- Enchantment Under The Sea At Emmarentia
- Japanese Spring Festival 2019
- Fresh Earth Farmers Market
- The Linden Market Christmas Edition
- Avon Justine iThemba Walkathon 2019
- Don't Miss The Exciting Experience - OUTBREAK!
- Welcome To The JURA
Emmarentia Dam and the surrounding botanical gardens provide a beautiful green space and recreational area for Joburgers and visitors alike.
Venue Name:Emmarentia Dam
Olifants Road, Emmarentia, Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 452 reviews
The botanical gardens have the potential to be stunning with proper care and attention but it currently feels neglected and unloved. The signage for the plants is almost nonexistent. Lovely open...
Head to the Johannesburg Botanical Gardens to spend some time outdoors in a more tranquil setting. These gardens offer beautiful walkways, arches and relaxing parkside benches, with sprawling lawns...
Not a place be on your own, be wary . but still a nice place to walk or picnic. The gardens are extensive so you can unwind from city turmoil