For The Love Of Dogs
- Date: 8 February 2020 at 12:00.
- Venue: Pug Rescue, 80/1 Nielsen Road, Benoni North Argicultural Holdings, Benoni.
- More Info: 082 449 2644 | email@example.com | Facebook
If you were unfortunate enough to miss the Date A Rescue event at Pug Rescue on 02 February, don’t worry. You can still spend a day loving all the pugs during the month of love. Head on over to this rescue organisation and spend the day enjoying delicious food and drinks, getting slobbery kisses at the pug kissing booth or have your photo taken by a professional photographer. Entry is R20 for adults, R10 for kids and R5 or a tin of Husky for dogs.
Valentine’s Day At Ark Animal Centre
- Date: Friday, 14 February 2020 – Sunday, 16 February 2020 at 10:00 – 15:00.
- Venue: Ark Animal Centre, 17 Howard Avenue, 2191 Chartwell.
- More Info: 087 742 2211 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Facebook
Join Ark Animal Centre in Chartwell for a spectacular long Valentine’s weekend. Spend the day browsing through their range of second hand books at their R5 book sale. Whether you’re searching for a special cookbook or for your next thrilling adventure, they’re sure to have what you’re looking for. Before you leave, take some time to meet some of their furballs. Who knows, you may fall in love and find a furever partner in crime.
Walk For Love
- Date: Saturday, 15 February 2020 at 9:30 – 15:00.
- Venue: Wetnose Animal Rescue Centre, Plot 75, Old BHS/Pta Road, Vaalbank, Bronkhorstspruit.
- More Info: 013 932 3941 | email@example.com | Facebook
Take a drive out to Bronkhorstspruit and spend the day enjoying the company of all the bachelors and bachelorettes at Wetnose Animal Rescue Centre. Here, you’ll be free to walk, bath and spoil any of the pooches. Remember to bring comfy clothes, dog shampoo, old towels, brushes and pet-friendly toys. Entry to this event is free, but all donations are welcome.
Jack And Charlie’s Charity Run
- Date: Saturday, 15 February 2020 at 5:30.
- Venue: Jack & Charlie’s Heritage Bike Parlour, 481 Farm Road, Shop F1, Willow Way Shopping Centre, Die Wilgers, Pretoria.
- More Info: firstname.lastname@example.org | Facebook
This Valentine’s Day, why not spread the love by joining this great cause to help CANSA and the SPCA? Head to Jack and Charlie’s Heritage Bike Parlour and take part in the bike run in aid of these two wonderful organisations. At the event, you can make a donation of blankets, food and toys to make the day a special one for the many animals in the care of Tshwane SPCA. After the race and prize giving, stop by at the SPCA and give the very special animals some love and affection. Tickets cost R100 – R120 and can be booked at Quicket.
- Date: Saturday, 29 February 2020 at 16:00 – 20:00.
- Venue: Roosevelt High School, Thibault St, 2195 Roosevelt Park.
- More Info: 071 808 1782 | http://www.nightwalkies.co.za/ | Facebook
Dotsure.co.za is proud to present Night Walkies this February. Bring your four-legged friend along for a night time stroll while watching the sun set. Tickets cost R50 and include a doggy hamper to spoil your pooch with. The first 3000 entries will also receive an LED collar. You can upgrade to a Do-Good ticket and receive a blanket, treats, a toy and vouchers to get your dog’s tail wagging during the month of love. Proceeds from this event go towards the Anti-Cruelty League.
Woodrock Sunset Walk
- Date: Saturday, 29 February 2020 at 16:30 – 20:30.
- Venue: Woodrock Animal Rescue, Plot 51, R511, 0157 Centurion.
- More Info: 076 155 4439 | email@example.com | Facebook
Not only is February the month of love, but it also marks a leap year. Spend this special time with a special someone at Woodrock Animal Rescue. For R100, you will receive a complimentary drink on arrival. You can then choose a dog to walk while marveling at the sunset from the hills. After the long stroll, spoil your dog with yummy treats and a pamper session before your photoshoot and dinner under the lapa.
If you’re looking to extend your furry Valentine’s plans, why not spoil your dog at one of Joburg’s finest restaurants? Check out our list of top dog-friendly restaurants to find the perfect spot for a date with your best friend.