Constitution Hill is one of South Africa’s most important heritage sites. This historical attraction regularly hosts a diverse range of exciting events – from art exhibitions to street beat poetry sessions, rock shows to jazz jams and record launches, public debates on Constitutional Court rulings, to children’s programmes and so much more! Here you not only get to have a good time but to learn about the story of South Africa’s turbulent past and its extraordinary transition to democracy. Visit the historical sites including the Old Fort Prison Complex, the Constitutional Court, Women’s Jail and Nelson Mandela’s old cell. There’s also a relaxing restaurant to chill out and grab some refreshments.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Stay Entertained: Go Outside & Enjoy Your Garden
- DStv To Launch WarnerMedia's Toonami Brand As A Pop-Up
- Human To Human 2020 - A Facebook Live Donation Event
- SDI FORCE Launched To Assist The Vulnerable
- Pharmacies That Deliver That You Need To Know
- Smoking Kills Bar #HomeConcerts Series
- Learn To Cook With Yuppiechef's FREE Online Cooking School Courses
- SHOUT SA Launches Shout4Masks Campaign To Donate Masks To Healthcare Workers
- Goliath's Go Live With Sky Room Live
- Prime Circle Easter Concert Live Stream
- #GetNakedAtHome Live Sessions: Week 2 : Shortstraw & Elvis Blue
- #TogetherAtHome With Zolani Mahola's Live Music Streaming
The Constitution Hill precinct is located at 11 Kotze Street in Braamfontein, Johannesburg near the western end of the suburb of Hillbrow.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 1559 reviews
So much info, such little time spent there def going back to get a better understanding of our country, from the old canon guns to the prison very informative
This is not for the faint hearted. Our guide was really good at explaining each section of the tour. What I took away from it was the white mans inhumanity to the black man. If you visit here you...
We had a guided tour round this former prison, the tour was excellent and very interesting. The subject matter is obviously pretty grim. The only frustration with this place as a visitor is that...