Constitution Hill is one of South Africa’s most important heritage sites. This historical attraction regularly hosts a diverse range of exciting events – from art exhibitions to street beat poetry sessions, rock shows to jazz jams and record launches, public debates on Constitutional Court rulings, to children’s programmes and so much more! Here you not only get to have a good time but to learn about the story of South Africa’s turbulent past and its extraordinary transition to democracy. Visit the historical sites including the Old Fort Prison Complex, the Constitutional Court, Women’s Jail and Nelson Mandela’s old cell. There’s also a relaxing restaurant to chill out and grab some refreshments.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Spice Up The Romance With Couples Cooking Classes
- Fashion Trends And The Places That Set Them
- Puzzle Pieces To The Perfect Leather Items
- Vibrant Places In Joburg That Artistic People Will Love
- School Holiday Programmes For Summer 2019
- Christmas With The Kids Is Sorted At Sunrise Sweet Market
- Explore Bits And Pieces Of Asia In Joburg
- Staycation Deals In The City
- 25th Annual Fashion Show And After Party
- Giorgia Angiuli Live SA Tour
- A Little Gem Lives In The Old Parktonian Sports Club - Rustic Cafe
- Drink Outings To Enjoy In Joburg
The Constitution Hill precinct is located at 11 Kotze Street in Braamfontein, Johannesburg near the western end of the suburb of Hillbrow.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 1523 reviews
Cathy L Says:
The old jails are now repurposed to a courtroom. Impressive site and I enjoyed the art and design elements. Glad I had a tour guide not much info available otherwise.
Well worth a visit. The Constitution Court was amazing and the backdrop of the old fort where Nelson Mandela wad held, wad very moving.
We visited the Section 4 Prison Museum and then went into the Constitutional Congress building. The whole area really gives you a synopsis of what it was like during apartheid and how they've been...