Smoothies are a great way to start off a busy morning. Not only are you making sure you’re having breakfast, but you can have the most important meal of the day ready in two minutes flat. Okay, maybe five, but fact is, you’ll be out the door with a travel mug brimming with nutrients – can’t beat that with a stick! This recipe is great because it’s deliciously fruity and super healthy, not to mention perfect for anyone who’s jumped on the clean eating bandwagon.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (make sure they’re sugar-free)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (flax seeds will work too if you grind them up first)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (unflavoured protein powder will work too)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend the ingredients on high speed for one minute.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately.
By Candice May