What Is It?
The Umami Food Studio is a cooking studio based in Midrand which specialises in Asian cuisine. Founded in 2017 by Rany – a self-professed “uber foodie and culinary consultant from South Korea” – this culinary studio offers intimate cooking classes for 6 – 12 guests. This August, Rany presents a Vietnamese Street Food Masterclass at the studio. Discover the aromatic, bold and fresh flavours of Vietnam with Rany. Last year, she spent a week in Hanoi and Hoi-an learning the art of Vietnamese cuisine. In this series of classes, Rany shares her favourite Vietnamese cuisines learned from the masters.
Over the course of the class, you will learn to make:
1. Banh Xeo (crispy crepe served with crunch vegetables)
2. Nuoc Cham (zingy dipping sauce that complements so many Vietnamese dishes and our beloved braai)
3. Vietnamese peanut sauce (heavenly combination of hoisin sauce and peanut sauce. difficult to beat)
4. Bun Cha (grilled pork meat ball and rice noodle) + dipping sauce
5. Cha Gio (fried spring roll with prawn / best with Bun Cha)
6. Cafe Sua Da (Vietnamese iced coffee with sweetened condensed milk) – there is no better way to finish this meal
If you have any dietary requirements, please contact Rany in advance. There are only 12 seats available for this class, so make sure to book as soon as possible. However, if you happen to miss this one, Umami Studio hosts many other exciting Asian-inspired cooking classes. Click here to see all their upcoming events.
When Is It?
Saturday, 3 August 2019 at 09:30 – 13:30.
Where Is It?
Umami Food Studio, 1169 Augrabies Falls Boulevard, Midrand, Johannesburg.
How Much Is It?
Tickets cost R680 per person. Kindly send Rany a Whatsapp message on 064 527 3067 to confirm the class availability. Email your proof of payment to email@example.com to confirm your booking.
For more information
For more information, visit their Facebook page.