The Nat Geo Kids Weird But True! Exhibition
- Date: Sunday, 16 June 2019 until Tuesday, 14 January 2020.
- Venue: Sci-Bono Discovery Centre, Helen Joseph Street, Newtown, Johannesburg CBD.
The Nat Geo Kids Weird But True! exhibition, brought to you by National Geographic, in partnership with Sci-Bono, will be at the Sci-Bono Discovery Science Centre in Johannesburg from June 2019 to January 2020. For the first time in Africa, this engaging and interactive exhibition will give young minds the opportunity to explore our amazing and very weird world. Based on the wildly successful Nat Geo Kids magazine feature and a best-selling series of books, the facts and interactive features cover a broad range of topics including science, food, pop culture and more.
Children’s Party at Exclusive Books – Roald Dahl Party
- Date: Saturday, 14 September 2019 and Saturday, 21 September 2019.
- Time: 11:00 – 12:00.
- Venue: 14 September 2019 event – Exclusive Books Rosebank Mall, 50 Bath Avenue, Rosebank, Johannesburg | 21 September 2019 event – Exclusive Books Brooklyn Mall, corner Veale Street and Fehrsen Street, Nieuw Muckleneuk, Pretoria.
- RSVP: [email protected].
Let your little ones enjoy the creative and imaginary world reading offers at this children’s party at Exclusive Books. Take your kids to Exclusive Books Rosebank Mall for their Roald Dahl party jam-packed with fun activities and reading to entertain the kids.
Children’s Party at Exclusive Books – Andy Griffiths Tour
- Date: Saturday, 21 September 2019.
- Time: 10:30 for 11:00.
- Venue: Exclusive Books Sandton City, 83 Rivonia Rd, Sandhurst, Sandton, Johannesburg.
- RSVP: [email protected].
Exclusive Books Sandton City will be hosting an Andy Griffiths Tour for the little ones. Take your kids to this children’s party for a morning of fun activities and readings from Griffiths’ stories. Also, they can meet the author and get their books signed.
Story Book Theatre
- Date: Sunday, 08 September 2019 – Sunday, 29 September 2019.
- Venue: Peoples Theatre, The Joburg Theatre Complex, corner Loveday and Hoofd Streets, Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
- Cost: Ticket prices are R140 per person for general public and R100 per person for members of the Peoples Theatre Kids Club. To book tickets, call Sean or Beth on 011 403 1563 / 2340 or email [email protected].
Children will fall in love with their favourite bookshelf classics all over again when they experience the enchanting world of books on stage. Peoples Theatre presents another series of timeless tales – Rumpelstiltskin, The Emperors New Clothes and so many more – in this year’s magical production of Story Book Theatre. The Story Book Theatre series has always been extremely popular and in past years has seen sold out performances, bringing the magic of reading and books to life.
Peppa Pig’s Big Day Out
- Date: Friday, 20 September 2019 – Sunday, 29 September 2019.
- Venue: Theatre of Marcellus, Emperors Palace, 64 Jones Road, Kempton Park, Johannesburg.
- Cost: Tickets cost R99 – R399 and are available here.
Peppa Pig is back with a Big Day Out at Emperors Palace! This year’s show promises to bring an unforgettable show that will have kids in a joyful mood. So come along on this exciting adventure and mission to find Polly Parrot and Mr Dinosaur, who have gone missing.
rAge Expo 2019
- Date: Friday, 27 September 2019 – Sunday, 29 September 2019.
- Venue: Ticketpro Dome, Northumberland Road and Olievenhout Avenue, North Riding, Johannesburg.
- Cost: Day Pass – R160 per person (ticket valid for entry for one day only) | Weekend Pass – R320 per person (ticket valid for entry for all three days) | Children under 6 enter for free | Purchase tickets online here.
The annual rAge Expo, now in its 17th year, is returning to the Ticketpro Dome! This is a three-day geek-culture mega-event that features video games, computer hardware, sports tournaments, gaming peripherals, retail stores, local game studios, board games, convention artists, comic books, cosplay, digital lifestyle gear, gadgets & tech gear, creative arts pieces and SA’s biggest BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer/Console) LAN. It's a fun experience for the whole family!
Festival De Mexico Halloween
- Date: Saturday, 26 October 2019.
- Venue: Montecasino, 1 Montecasino Boulevard, Fourways, Johannesburg.
- Cost: Between R60 - R250 per person. Get your tickets here!
How will you be celebrating Halloween? No idea? Well, don't miss out on this scary and thrilling family event. Doritos invites you to celebrate the Mexican Day of the Dead at Montecasino. Wear your scariest costume and get ready to indulge in a Mexican fiesta unlike any other. Bring the kids along for SA’s largest trick or treat fair. Plus, there will be live entertainment, best dressed competitions and SA’s hottest chilli eating contest!
Peter Pan On Ice
- Date: Friday, 6 December 2019 – Saturday, 11 January 2020.
- Venue: Teatro at Montecasino, 1 Montecasino Boulevard, Fourways, Johannesburg.
- Cost: Tickets cost between R150 – R450 per person. Book your tickets online via Computicket.
Fly off to Neverland with Peter Pan and the gang, in this classic tale of magic and make-believe, spectacularly staged on real ice at the Teatro at Montecasino. Follow the second star to the right and take a trip to the Teatro at Montecasino this December to see the Imperial Ice Stars perform their brand new show, Peter Pan on Ice! The world’s premier theatrical ice skating company have previously brought us Swan Lake on Ice and Cinderella on Ice. Their family-friendly ice-capades are the perfect way to have some fun and escape the stress of the festive season.
Marvel Universe Live
- Date: Friday, 24 January 2020 – Sunday, 09 February 2020.
- Venue: Sun Arena Time Square, 209 Aramist Ave, Waterkloof Glen, Pretoria.
- Cost: Between R195 - R595 per person. Get your tickets here!
Marvel Universe LIVE! is a live performance unlike anything Marvel fans have ever seen before. Performing for the first time in South Africa in early 2020, this is a definite must-see! Experience cutting-edge special effects, aerial maneuvers, pyrotechnics, martial arts, motorcycle stunts and vast 3D video projection in this completely new thrilling adventure. The floor show is enhanced with strobe lighting, lasers, fire and smoke along with substantial sound effects to heighten the excitement. Fans of all ages will be totally mesmerised in the action of Marvel Universe Live.