Cooking time: 50 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tbsp. garlic salt
1 tbsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. paprika
½ tsp. poultry seasoning
1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour (separate from the above-mentioned measurement)
1 tsp. salt|
¼ tsp. ground black pepper (separate from the above-mentioned measurement)
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 ½ cups beer or water
1L vegetable oil
1 whole chicken cut into pieces (or ready-cut pieces)
1. In one medium bowl, mix together 3 cups of flour, garlic salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, paprika and poultry seasoning.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 1/3 cups flour, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, egg yolks and beer. You may need to thin with additional beer if the batter is too thick.
3. Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 175 degrees.
4. Moisten each piece of chicken with a little water, then dip in the dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in the wet mix, then dip in the dry mix once more.
5. Carefully place the chicken pieces in the hot oil. Fry for 15 to 18 minutes, or until well browned. Smaller pieces will not take as long. Large pieces may take longer.
6. Remove and drain on paper towels before serving.
Source: Recipe by QUIRKYIQ on www.allrecipes.com.