Vini Classico. Vini Superiore. Vini Reserva.
Wine lovers, this one is for you! You can expect to sample, sip and enjoy wines of Italian origin, ranging from the classic to the superior and vintage reserves at the second annual Vino in Piazza at Montecasino! The Wines of Italy Festival will take it a step further into an appreciation of the essence of ‘la dolce vita’ through Italian food, lifestyle and culture.
Presented by the Consulate General of Italy in partnership with the Italian Embassy, the Italian Trade Agency and the Italian Chamber of Commerce and held as part of the International Week of Italian Cuisine, Vino in Piazza is an opportunity to experience the very best that Italy has to offer – without the cost of a plane ticket!
What To Expect
Vino in Piazza will introduce over 20 exclusive Italian wine producers, who’ll showcase 130 wines from 11 different regions located in the North, centre and South of Italy – Veneto, Piedmont, Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Lazio, Umbria, Abruzzo, Puglia, Sardinia and Sicily – to the South African market.
Visitors will enjoy never-before-tasted red, white, rosé and Prosecco or Spumante Italian wines, all decadently paired at chefs’ tables hosted by renowned Italian chefs such as Michelin Star Chef Alfonso Caputo from Napoli in Italy. He will be joined in the chef’s table line-up by local Italian celebrity chefs such as Orazio Cremona Jr of Belfiore Deli, Ciro Molinaro of La Cucina di Ciro and Gianni Mariano and Paolo Scola from Mastrantonio.
The Italian Embassy will also be hosting “The South African & Italian Wine Research Innovation Workshop”, presented by both Italian and South African oenologists who will impart their knowledge and best practices in the science and study of wine as a means to pursue new collaborations between the two wine-making countries.
Italian-styled pop-up restaurants and food stalls by O’vero Pizza, Nutella, Ferrero, Kinder, Grand Padano, Adriatic Italian food distributors and Lavazza, among others, will bring to life the quality and simplicity of Italian food, allowing you to indulge in the leisurely style of eating made famous by Italians, while the children are entertained in the Kinder Play Area.
Prepare for an Italian feast of flavours under African skies.
There Are Prizes Up For Grabs, Too!
There are also some exciting prizes to be won at Vino in Piazza.
Here’s what’s up for grabs:
- Two return tickets to Rome courtesy of Alitalia, valued at R30 000.
- Two tickets for a three-day cruise to the Portuguese Islands in an Ocean View Cabin, valued at R17 210, courtesy of MSC Cruises.
- Ferrari hampers valued at R2 000.
- Three Lavazza coffee machines, valued at R 1 500 each, and Ferrero limited edition pyramids, valued at R1 000 each.
When Is It?
Friday, 22 November 2019 to Sunday, 24 November 2019.
Times are as follows:
- Friday, 22 November 2019 – 15:00 to 21:00.
- Saturday, 23 November 2019 – 10:00 to 21:00.
- Sunday, 24 November 2019 – 10:00 to 16:00.
Where Is It?
The Piazza at Montecasino, Montecasino Boulevard, Fourways, Johannesburg.
How Much Is It?
Tickets cost from R160 per person and are available at www.taptickets.co.za.
Ticket costs are as follows:
- General access at R160 per person, includes 20 x wine tasting vouchers valued at R200, 1 x tasting glass, 1 x wine pairing voucher (T&Cs apply, limited space available, on a first-come-first-served basis).
- Kinder Play Area at R20 per child with childminders and games for kids aged between 3 – 12 years.
- Group tickets are R1 200 for 10 tickets, instead of R1 600.
- Don’t forget to use your Rewards Card for further discounts!
For More Information
For more information about Vino In Piazza or Montecasino, visit www.tsogosun.com/montecasino.
You can also contact them on 011 510 7000 or email@example.com.