The museum includes both a zoology and a botany section where visitors can engage with these exquisite exhibitions. The museum has a hands-on feature that is used for large tour groups and school groups. The Life Sciences Museum is open on weekdays from 8:30am-4:30pm and can be found opposite the Biophy Library on the lower ground floor of the Oppenheimer Life Sciences on the East Campus.
To find out more about The Life Sciences Museum and Biodiversity Centre click here.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Braamfontein's Best Hidden Gems
- The Best Garden Centres and Plant Nurseries In Joburg
- Urban Gardening Thrives At The JFF Rooftop Farm
- Joburg's Best Inner City Walking Tours
- Once In Joburg Joins The Ubuntu Beds Initiative
- Joburg Premiere Of 'The Head & The Load' Postponed
- CANCELLED: Ecology Of The City
- Review: The Jungle Book Kids
- Ami Faku 'Sincerely Yours' Live At Untitled Basement
- CANCELLED: Human Rights Festival 2020
- Recline x Converse Love Fearlessly JHB
- Mandisi Dyantyis At Untitled Basement
Situated in Wits University, The Life Sciences Museum and Biodiversity Centre is the only natural history museum in Johannesburg!
- Venue Name:The Life Sciences Museum and Biodiversity Centre
1 Jan Smuts Ave
- Entertainment:Culture and Entertainment