The Canteen is a café that serves a French cuisine. Their grand menu offers a range of light meals, full meals, snack platters and gourmet meals including burgers, chicken livers, Scottish salmon, beer battered fish and chips and steaks. Known as a hipster hangout, the café shows off a relaxing and intimate bar and dance floor setting to enjoy a meal and indulge in their famous jam-jar cocktails and homemade lemonade.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- A Living Room On The Rooftop In Maboneng
- A Vibrant Sunday At The Market On Main In Maboneng
- Noodlebox Cinema Presents Kung Pow!
- The Bioscope's Big Night In – Rambo: First Blood (1982)
- The Bioscope Independent Cinema Presents Losing Lerato
- T.O & Ma-7 - POPArt Theatre
- Looking For Audrey
- Improv Play Off - Causing a Scene versus POPArt
- Exhibition | Moments of Making - Centre For The Less Good Idea
- The Crucifixion Of Amagqwirha
- In Confession With Tats Nkonzo At POPArt
- Deep Town Jozi Ft Fistaz Mixwell
Set in the heart of an incredibly energetic city and art galleries, The Canteen is located on Arts on Main.
Venue Name:The Canteen
Arts on Main, 268 Fox Street, City and Suburban, Inner City, Johannesburg
Opening Hours:Monday: Closed, Tuesday – Wednesday: 08h30 - 15h30, Thursday – Saturday: 08h30 - 23h00, Sunday: 08h30 - 15h30
Price Range:R200 for two
Type of Cuisine:Café
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 37 reviews
This a good place to stop for a drink or lunch, while visiting the Maboneng area of Johannesburg. We sat outside under the olive trees, enjoying the sunshine while eating lunch. The food was good - I...
The location is really nice, in a backyard with olive trees and benches outside. We had only some drinks and a starter (carpaccio). We were a bit unlucky with our waiter, he confused every order...
Thia restaurant is a very nice garden sorrundeb art galleries and bars. Very nice to spend a good afternoon but the food is not nice. I orden fish beer buttered and it was like a normal fish and...