Varsity open days are a great way to gather information about the faculty you’re interested in as well as what student life looks like at the campus you’ll be attending. Different varsities have different ways in which interaction with prospective students takes place, but we’ve rounded up some open day info for a number of tertiary institutions around the country to help you find right the varsity for you.
University of Pretoria (UP/Tuks)
- Website: up.ac.za
- A good way to get to know more about Tuks is to get involved with Junior Tukkie. This is a platform where learners from grade nine to twelve can take part in tours and information sessions of certain faculties. More info available at up.ac.za/juniortukkie.
Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
- Website: tut.ac.za
- Like the TUT-Inspired Facebook page to see what’s happening at TUT.
University of Witwatersrand (Wits)
- Visit: wits.ac.za
- Wits don’t offer a single open day but instead has a great school liaison programme. For more information go to www.wits.ac.za/study-at-wits/connect-with-wits.
The University of Johannesburg (UJ)
- Visit: future.uj.mobi/
- UJ requires you to register online for a specific faculty’s Mini Open Day to access date and time information.
University of the Free State (Kovsies)
- Website: ufs.ac.za
- Attend the open day at Kovsies on 13 May from 8:30; school groups from 11:00.
The following varsities also have various Open Days. Contact them for more information.