Soy Sauce Baked Lamb Chops
15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
5ml (1 tsp) crushed garlic
2,5ml (½ tsp) steak and chops spice (mixed spice for barbequed meat)
1kg lamb loin chops
250ml (1 cup) tomato sauce
125ml (½ cup) soy sauce
1 medium onion (about 100g), sliced into rings
15ml (1 tbsp) dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Mix together the oil, garlic and meat spice, and rub this mix over the chops.
- Arrange the chops in an ovenproof dish in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the tomato sauce, soy sauce, onion and oregano. Pour this mixture over the chops and return to the oven. Bake until the onions have caramelised and a thick, dark sauce has formed, about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with vegetables of your choice.
WIN A Copy Of Ukutya Kwasekhaya: Tastes from Nelson Mandela's Kitchen