What Is It?
You’re invited to spend an evening under winter night skies at the very first Soul Sensation Festival, taking place in Kumalo Street, Orlando West. Festival-goers will get the opportunity to experience incredible performances, featuring live jazz and soul music, poetry sessions, hip-hop acts and, of course, a touch of comedy to tickle your funny bone. A portion of the night will solely be dedicated to visual art by extremely talented artists. You can also delight your taste buds with an incredible selection of cuisine, including South African ethnic food. This event will be mixing worlds of music, arts, culture, food, style and fashion all into one. The lineup includes performances by:
- Jazz/Soul: Olothando Ndamase, Jazzapella SA, Wi Ahr, Kahil The Prophet
- Poetry: Zwilakhe, Southern Comfort, Afrotist, Khanyisile Khumalo, Emma Masina, Fikile Njiva, Thembile Kunene, Lexie Morake
- Hip Hop: Alex Sono, 1818 Wordsmiths, Eclipsed
- Rock/Indie: Up Your Sleeve
- Art Gallery: Robley Mogale, Thando Madi, Khethiwe Duma, Lotsha Mungadi, Khaya Mabuza
When Is It?
Saturday, 22 July 2017 from 17:00 to 23:00.
Where Is It?
Kumalo Street, Orlando West, Johannesburg.
How Much Is It?
Tickets cost R200 per person and are available at Webtickets.
For More Information
For more information about this event, visit the Soul Sensation Festival on Facebook.