Formerly known as Horror Café, Shikisha is one of Newtown’s trendiest café. Shikisha is an African bar that serves traditional cuisine including grilled chicken, pap and chakalaka, ithanga (mashed butternut) and ulusu (tripe). Traditional cuisine not something you fancy? Fear not as Shikisha also has burgers, chips and even a Greek salad. Shikisha is also home to many events throughout the year; boasting African beats combined with acid house and hip hop – a truly unique sound.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Spirit Train Joburg
- Bite Club Market At Work Shop Newtown
- What's On At The Market Photo Workshop
- Celebrating Women & Public Art in Newtown
- A Kwaito Journey In Ekasi Lam At The Market Theatre
- Ekasi Lam – An Ode to Kwaito, Un-owed to Kwaito
- Newtown Fashion Experience
- No Easter Sunday for Queers
- Unlearn this Women's Day
- The Market Theatre Laboratory present Le Journal
- Redsoil / Brownsoil heads to the Market Theatre
Shikisha is located at the trendy Mary Fitzgerald Square in Newtown.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 2 reviews
Visited Shikisha on Friday evening the 24/07/15 they had a live band playing...good atmosphere . place needs a abit of tlc especially the female bathrooms...food was good..very basic but...
Restaurante Agradável com boa comida. Ambiente acolhedor, bom atendimento e comida boa com bom preço.