Formerly known as Horror Café, Shikisha is one of Newtown’s trendiest café. Shikisha is an African bar that serves traditional cuisine including grilled chicken, pap and chakalaka, ithanga (mashed butternut) and ulusu (tripe). Traditional cuisine not something you fancy? Fear not as Shikisha also has burgers, chips and even a Greek salad. Shikisha is also home to many events throughout the year; boasting African beats combined with acid house and hip hop – a truly unique sound.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Soul'd Out Jam Session
- IPhupho L'ka Biko Qamata Festival
- Africa Rising International Film Festival 2019
- Lighthouse Festival 2020
- Jullian Gomez Presents World Without End
- Strongbow MTV Big Picnic 2019
- ROAR Fest 2019
- John Kani: The Lion and the Lamb at the Market Theatre
- The Big Picnic 2019
- Craft Coffee Club October Edition
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Theatre Excellence At The Market Lab
- After School is After School
Shikisha is located at the trendy Mary Fitzgerald Square in Newtown.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 2 reviews
Visited Shikisha on Friday evening the 24/07/15 they had a live band playing...good atmosphere . place needs a abit of tlc especially the female bathrooms...food was good..very basic but...
Restaurante Agradável com boa comida. Ambiente acolhedor, bom atendimento e comida boa com bom preço.