What Is It?
This is something educational, yet oh-so fun for the kids! Sandton City is calling all Recycle Rangers to report for duty this August, where kids can learn how to recycle while having a blast.
As of next year, Sandton City won’t be using any single use plastic shopping bags. And to get started on educating shoppers and the community about recycling and how it can help our planet, Sandton City will be treating young ones to an exciting and educational activation. Here, they will show children how important recycling is, and just how much fun it can be.
Get down to Sandton City’s Centre Court from 14 – 18 August, where the kids will be shown how to craft the coolest stuff out of recycled material that Sandton City has collected. The recycled materials include plastic bottles, toilet rolls, cardboard and straws.
Every hour, the kids will be making something different and exciting, from their very own animal stationery organisers, piggy banks, waste monsters, plastic yarn jump ropes, pretty pot plants, straw jewellery, plastic yarn flowers and so much more. For workshop information, visit the Sandton City Facebook page.
Daily Workshop Schedule
- 11:00 – 11:45: Animal Stationery Organisers
- 12:00 – 12:45: Piggy Bank
- 13:00 – 13:45: Waste Monsters
- 14:00 – 14:45: Plarn Jump Rope
- 15:00 – 15:45: Creative Pot Plants
- 16:00 – 16:45: Straw Jewellery
- 11:00 – 11:45: Plastic Creatures
- 12:00 – 12:45: Owl Gift Boxes
- 13:00 – 13:45: Plarn Flowers
- 14:00- 14:45: Creative Wall Hanging Units
- 15:00 – 15:45: Toilet Roll Art Work
- 16:00 – 16:45: Plastic Gift Boxes
For workshop information, visit the Sandton City Facebook page.
When Is It?
Wednesday, 14 August 2019 to Sunday, 18 August 2019 between 11:00 and 17:00, daily.
Where Is It?
Sandton City’s Centre Court, 83 Rivonia Road, Sandhurst, Sandton, Johannesburg.
How Much Is It?
Parents, please note: entry is FREE, and children are to be accompanied by an adult at all times.
For More Information
For more information, visit www.sandtoncity.com. Or contact them on 011 217 6000.