Moonlight Mazes at Honeydew Mazes
Before the chilly winter nights arrives, why don’t you and your family take advantage of the cool autumn evenings by heading to Honeydew Mazes for their exciting Moonlight Mazes? The next two will take place on the following dates: 30 March and 21 April (over Easter weekend). It’s a fun in-the-dark activity for all ages. On the evening, make sure you have a torch handy! For all the important details and rules, click here. Bring your own picnic (no braais) and torches.
- Dates: Saturday, 30 March 2019 and Sunday, 21 April 2019. Be at at venue by 17:30 as they begin the maze at 18:15.
- Venue: Honeydew Amaizing Mazes, 82 Boland Street, Honeydew, Johannesburg
- Cost: All moonlight mazes are pre-booked and pre-paid. R150 per adult and R120 per child. No sit-outs, everyone pays as numbers are limited. Booking is essential!
- Contacts: 073 795 2174 | email@example.com | honeydewmazes.co.za
Seussical The Musical Jr.
If the kids haven’t seen this just yet, then make sure you head to the People’s Theatre for the fun, laughter-filled and rhyming Seussical The Musical Jr. Based on the much-loved Dr Seuss books, this production draws its characters from a number of books to bring you and the little ones a performance filled with non-stop music, laughter and feel-good fun. The show ends late April 2019, so make sure you get your tickets ASAP.
- Date: Monday, 04 March 2019 – Sunday, 28 April 2019. Performance times are Mondays to Friday at 09:00 and 11:00, Saturdays at 10:30 and 14:30, as well as on some Sundays and Public Holidays.
- Venue: The People’s Theatre, Joburg Theatre Complex, Loveday Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg
- Cost: R140 per person for general public or R100 per person for members of the Peoples Theatre kids Club (contact Peoples Theatre for more information). Discounts for school bookings apply, with tickets at R80 per person.
- Contacts: 011 403 1563/2340 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.peoplestheatre.co.za
The Rand Show 2019
This event is an absolute must during April! The family-friendly, thrilling and oh-so-cool Rand Show is back for their 2019 edition. This year, they will be celebrating 125 years of Rand Show excitement and to celebrate, they will be going all out with the entertainment. And since this show is all about family fun, there’ll be plenty in store for the little ones, from an amusement park jam-packed with ferris wheels, train rides, roller coasters and carousels to Africa’s best live military display and the brand-new #GetInTheGame exhibition offering virtual reality gaming, dancing, cosplay competitions, a national Fortnite tournament and more.
- Dates: Friday, 19 April 2019 – Sunday, 28 April 2019
- Venue: Expo Centre Johannesburg, corner Nasrec and Rand Show, Nasrec, Johannesburg.
- Cost: Tickets cost between R100 – R150 per person and can be bought at randshow.co.za.
- Contacts: 011 494 2894 | email@example.com | randshow.co.za
Lusito Land Festival 2019
One of the city’s biggest family festivals is back, bringing nothing but the finest in entertainment, music, gourmet food and fun for the whole family. Lusito Land Festival is a celebration of all things Portuguese, from all the good food to the colourful culture. And for the little ones, they’ll have a blast at the exhilarating amusement park offering loads of exciting rides, many fun activities, and much more.
- Dates: Saturday, 20 April 2019 – Sunday, 28 April 2019
- Venue: 25 Cayman Road, Alewynspoort, Johannesburg South
- Costs: Tickets cost between R50 – R150 per person and can be bought at Computicket.
- Contacts: 011 435 5000 | firstname.lastname@example.org | lusitoassociation.org.za
The Weekend Market
The Weekend Market always has something fun and exciting lined up for the kids! They have two awesome events coming up that you definitely don’t want to miss if you are in search of something to keep the young ones entertained. First up is the Carnival Festival on 06 April 2019, which will give kids a day filled with super slides, carousel rides, jumping castles, gladiator and foam pits, rocket ride, swings and much more. And on 20 April 2019, don’t miss the Easter Egg Hunt complete with awesome cash prizes up for grabs as well as plenty of kids entertainment.
- Dates: 06 April 2019 and 20 April 2019
- Venue: Weekend Market, corner Nasrec Road and Rifle Range Road, Ridgeway, Uncle Charlies, Johannesburg South
- Cost: Carnival Festival – between R60 and R70 per person, click here to get tickets | Easter Egg Hunt – between R60 to R70 per person, click here to get tickets
- Contacts: 066 053 5425 | email@example.com | weekendmarketjhb.co.za
The Dino Expo
Do your kids like all things dinosaur? If yes, then don’t miss the Dino Expo which will be bringing a selection of dinos ‘back to life‘ at the Sandton Dinosaur Exhibition. Other than that, there will be a bunch of fun activities to keep the kids busy, including a Jurassic Tour, dino fossil digging, a jumping castle, dino colouring, as well as a Wits University fossil display. There are also additional activities that come at an extra cost, including dino rides, dinosaur instant photos, bumper cars, electric train ride, pedal boats and Jurassic cars.
- Date: Friday, 26 April 2019 – Sunday, 21 July 2019
- Venue: Sandton Dinosaur Exhibition, Rivonia Boulevard and 9th Avenue, Rivonia, Sandton, Johannesburg
- Cost: Tickets cost between R80 – R1000 depending on what activities are done and can be bought at Webtickets.
- Contacts: 076 327 0392 | firstname.lastname@example.org | thedinoexpo.com