At the Maslow Sandton, the centuries old-tradition of the High Tea has received new vigor with a modern-day twist! You can now expect and enjoy decadent tea-time treats perfectly paired with handpicked specialty teas in a delightful five-stage palate-pleasing journey.
Being inspired by the flourishing diversity locally produced, specialty teas and how their flavours and aromas can enhance food, the Maslow Sandton offers guests the opportunity to explore and revel in this sensory experience for themselves.
A Five-Course Sensory Delight!
In the comfort of comfy arm chairs overlooking the hotel’s exquisite garden, guests can enjoy a sumptuous selection gorgeous treats paired with some of the most perfect teas available in the country. With regards to the pairings, this is what you can expect:
- Course #1 features vanilla bean scones with cape fig jam; cucumber and cottage cheese knots; caramelized tomato and onion quiche; and strawberry frangipan complemented by Rooibos vanilla tea.
- Course #2 offers lemon meringue tartlets; salmon and lemon aioli on brioche; egg mayo and water cress and decadent choux paired with lemon fresh tea.
- Course #3 is a meander of textures with green tea mousse with mango salsa; orange and almond cake; bitter chocolate tartlet with Turkish delight and sushi. The tea chosen to enhance this diverse set of textures and flavours is Green Tea Morgentau.
- Course #4 has a decidedly South African feel with traditional treats like curried mince vetkoek and koeksisters paired with carefully brewed black tea.
- Course #5 provides a colourful and vibrant conclusion to the Pairing High Tea experience. Sweet berries tea is fittingly paired with cheerful desserts like red velvet opera; berry tartlets; rainbow cake; and chocolate friandees.
The Maslow’s Pairing High Tea is defined by its luxuriousness and exclusivity – and the Maslow’s characteristic contemporary personality. They have redefined the age-old custom for today’s discerning afternoon tea enthusiast to combine the essences of then and now for the ultimate experience.
How Much Is This Exquisite Experience?
The Maslow’s Pairing High Tea is served every Saturday between 08:00 and 17:00.
The cost is R320 per adult and R160 per child under 12.
To book, contact Lacuna Bistro at [email protected] or 010 226 4652.
For More Information
For more information about The Maslow and this exquisite modern High Tea experience, visit www.suninternational.com.