Live music is a great way to experiment, to get creative as an artist and get you moving to the music. The sweetest melodies are paired perfectly with good food in our books. We’ve got just the spot to get you started.
Better known as Katzy’s, this live music venue has to be one of the very few in Joburg that still offers an authentic and mature selection of band performance.
This entertainment venue has been around for a quite some time and has been serving Joburg good food and music ever since.
- Arrival at 18h30 or later will result in a cover charge, regardless of pre-booking.
- No under 25’s are allowed. (It’s a tough one, but Katzy’s knows their target market).
- No inside reservations are accepted from Thursday to Saturday.
- You can contact Katzy’s for VIP lounge bookings. (Just an FYI, Katzy’s and Grillhouse share the same number).
- The dress code is smart casual so wear your best shoes.
They have resident bands, however bands are subject to change. Let’s just call it spontaneity, and there is nothing wrong with that. Some of the bands include the infamous Jazz Company, Funk’d Up, Dr Victor & The Rasta Rebels and many more, to get you two stepping. The cover charge for Monday to Wednesday is free of charge, Thursdays to Saturday is R150 per person.
The menu is to-die for. Grillhouse is responsible for the splendid food that is on their menu. With a multitude of mouthwatering food to be paired with their amazing wine selection.
The Extra Perks
If cigars are your thing then you are in for a treat. They have a selection of cigars and quality whiskies and cognacs to wash down.
Katzy’s offers sophisticated entertainment and hosts well organised events. They stand proud with the calibre of events that they have welcomed into their beautiful spot. So if the plan is to find an awesome place – look no further.