The Joburg Zoo is open to the public seven days a week – including Christmas, New Years and Easter holidays. It houses over 320 species of animals, totalling about 2 000 animals. They offer a number of different tours and you can even explore the zoo’s active nightlife by taking the night tour. Bring along your family and a picnic basket, and enjoy the scenery.
- Nat Geo Picnic Of The Planet
- DibuKids: My Life as a Zucchini Screening
- Mother's Day Concert At Joburg Zoo Is Back With A Bang
- Gauteng Fvck Racism Festival
- Beaujolais Nouveau At Alliance Française
- Slow Wine With My Bread And Butter
- Rameez's February #NoRegrets 2018 - The One Step At A Time Cancer Warrior Walk
- One Step at a Time Cancer Warrior Walk & Wellness Village 2019
- Tree Of Light
- Picnic Paradiso with #PiP
- The Johannesburg Bach Choir Winter Concert
- ** UNLIMITED GOLF ** Membership @Parkview Golf Club
Joburg Zoo is one of the most popular local tourist attractions, situated in the leafy northern suburb of Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 1127 reviews
There is a good variety of animals here (elephants, rhinos, primates, lions, giraffes, zebras etc.) And most seem to be in well kept, and importantly, large cages. Some of the information boards seem...
Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. I skipped the reptile section by choice and there's not a lot else to see. No crocs in winter months I was told. 3 lions, 3 giraffe, 2 elephants, 1...
Great selection of animals to view, even if you didn't get to see the Big 5 in a safari setting, you can view them all here. They have a shuttle you can take for R10 (worth the cost since I was...