The Joburg Zoo is open to the public seven days a week – including Christmas, New Years and Easter holidays. It houses over 320 species of animals, totalling about 2 000 animals. They offer a number of different tours and you can even explore the zoo’s active nightlife by taking the night tour. Bring along your family and a picnic basket, and enjoy the scenery.
- Don't Miss The Parkview Charity Christmas Market 2019
- The Art Auction
- So Chef! Festival - Alliance Francaise Johannesburg
- Layziehound | Until Love Makes Sense Exhibition
- Get Fit At These Outdoor Gyms In Joburg
- Joburg Zoo Festival of Lights
- Joburg Zoo Family Fun Day
- Parktown Girls Fun Run at the Joburg Zoo
- Nat Geo Picnic Of The Planet
- DibuKids: My Life as a Zucchini Screening
- Jazz Into The Sunset With a Garden Concert Jazz Session
- Mother's Day Concert At Joburg Zoo Is Back With A Bang
Joburg Zoo is one of the most popular local tourist attractions, situated in the leafy northern suburb of Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 1142 reviews
Really had a good time at this zoo.. it was clean. Staff was friendly.. most of the animals look happy and healthy.. had a really good time
We picked a good day to visit as the zoo was relatively quiet with a few school children visiting. The children were all very smart and well organised, such a joy to see. We took a ride on the truck...
Pierre v Says:
From the beginning you have to pay R15 for a cramped little parking. Then you need to pay a R100 per person just to enter. Then you end up seeing all the animals in the place in an hour long walk...