Kandua.com is a fast-growing, mission-driven tech startup. It is South Africa’s largest online home services marketplace, where you can easily connect with a trusted pro for everything from emergency fixes to full scale renovations. Kandua.com has over 25 000 independent professionals and small businesses listed across more than 100 services: carpenters, electricians, builders, plumbers and much more.
Behind a platform that is super simple to navigate, Kandua’s sophisticated technology enables you to get up to 5 quotes in a minute or less from vetted and reviewed professionals:
- Answer some questions about the job you need done
- Share your contact details
- Up to 5 affordable and experienced pros will get in touch with a quote or a request for more info
- Look at the contractors’ ratings and reviews on their online profile
- Choose the pro that best suits your needs and then invite them to your home to discuss exactly what you require.
2021’s most popular home services
Covid has caused us to be at home more than we were in the past and homeowners have wanted to improve their spaces to make it more comfortable and enjoyable. By far the most popular home improvement services requested on Kandua.com in Johannesburg in 2021 were renovators. More renovations happened in the older, more established areas like Bryanston, Rosebank, and Edenvale.
If you are also looking to upgrade your home, here is some advice from the Kandua.com pros:
Making your renovation a success
Renovations need to be thought through carefully so you can, one day, get the biggest return on your investment. That is why it is so important to hire a professional and not attempt to DIY. Each service provider on Kandua.com has reviews and photos of their previous work, so when they provide you with a quote you feel confident enough to proceed with your chosen provider.
Tips for hiring a contractor:
The vast majority of things that go wrong on any renovation occur because of the choices that you make when appointing your builder. Here are five simple must-dos to help you hire the right contractor for your project.
- Check their reviews. Look at their ratings and read reviews from previous customers. You can also take an extra step and obtain and check the potential contractor's references.
- Check they are registered. Before you invite a team of contractors onto your property to renovate your home or do any other work, make sure your contractor is registered with the NHBRC. As for a copy of the registration certificate, and check that it is not expired.
- Check the subcontractors. Check the registration details of the electrical subcontractor and the plumbing subcontractor that your builder will be using with their respective associations. This is very important as you will need valid Certificates of Compliance once the job is complete.
- Understand the quote. Be aware that there are always unknowns in the construction process that create change orders and additional costs. This is normal. Expect it. Allow about five to eight per cent of your total budget for these extras. With good planning, design and management, the costs can be minimised.
Invest the time and remember that spending a bit extra in the beginning could save you thousands in the end.
This is how Kandua.com can help and provide peace of mind with reliable, vetted professionals. Find out more at Kandua.com and read what our partners, pros and customers have to say.