What Is It?
The Haunted Forest®, now in its sixth year, is a flagship Halloween event held in Gauteng. The event has continuously grown since its inception in 2016, with this year taking a wicked leap into the world of horror and fright, "Apocalypse".
Join them for this Hallows Festival with a Haunted Forest walk themed "Apocalypse", multiple life-size horror scenes to meander amongst, a big screen showing the freakiest horror films and perhaps challenge the strong man in the village of monsters! The wee ones, they have you, with a Trick or Treat festival walk.
Those that are joining us for the first time, this Halloween Festival is part of the Picnics in the Park series meaning it is a themed picnic with various activations for you to enjoy. The event consists of a Forest, Picnic Area with Big Screen and a Scare area. This year, they have to do things a bit differently, first to close and last to re-open, things are not going to be the same in the festival industry for some time, so please work with them as we deliver The Haunted Forest® 2021 in a different format than previous years.
The challenges they're facing this year is the limitations on capacity, 500 guests. As most of you PiP’s know, The Haunted Forest® is a self-funded project, which grows year on year, as they love what they do and more so, the effort all guests put into their costumes!
Health & Safety Protocols At The Event
- On arrival, you will be temperature checked and your details recorded, which means you will stand in a queue, nicely 2m apart from each other.
- Yes, there will be a bag check, they won’t touch it, you can just open it for the steward.
- The picnic area will be laid out for your comfort so you can picnic 2m apart from everyone else.
- All static furniture and tables at the venue my not be moved, they would have laid them out in such a way to work within current regulations.
- Ordering of any food or drinks from the various vendors, please maintain social distancing at all times.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be positioned through out the event area, use them.
Please bring ONE of the following below:
- Proof of having COVID in the past.
- COVID antibody test
- A negative COVID test no older than 72 hours
- Proof of receiving your first vaccination.
- COVID Vaccination Certificate
They will also have a rapid testing station service available at the venue:
- R250 cash only
- If you do not pass the test, you will not be allowed to enter the event and tickets are non-refundable.
Where Is It?
Inanda Country Base, Rose Road and Maple Road, Knopjeslaagte, Midrand, Johannesburg.
When Is It?
Saturday, 30 October 2021 from 16:00 to 00:00.
- 16:00 Gates open.
- 16:30 - Hocus Pocus 1993 1H36 PG (12 and under friendly)
- 16:30 - Halloween games open.
- 18:00 - Trick or treat on the main field
- 18:00 - Beetlejuice 1998 1H32 PG (PG)
- 19:30 - Hauntd Forest Walk Open (PG). Not recommended for small children.
- 19:30 - Friday 13th 1980 1H35 R
- 20:00 - Haunted House open (PG). Not recommended for small children.
- 21:00 - Halloween 2018 1H36 R
- 22:30 - Close (their team also has to get home before curfew)
- Closing will depend on the lock down level at that time.
- Times might change.
- They do not take responsibilities for nightmares.
- No, you can not just drop off your kids, all kids 18 and under have to be accompanied by an adult of 21 or over.
How Much Is It?
Tickets cost R150 per person and are available at Quicket.co.za.
Tickets will be available at the door, too.
What's Included In My Ticket?
- Access to the venue
- Films on the big screen
- Big scenes on the main field with activations
- The Haunted Forest Walk
- Trick & Treat buckets for children and their candy
What's Not Included?
- The make-up room.
- The Haunted House (R50 per person) as per 2019
- Some of the games as per 2019 and 2020
For More Information
You can also contact them on 076 8922 535 (WhatsApp) or [email protected].
Don't forget to follow or like them on Facebook.
What can I bring with me?
Everything but the kitchen sink, just kidding. You may bring one cooler box of food, in your group, but no drinks of any kind.
If it’s a hot day, you are welcome to bring umbrellas and if it rains bring wellies!
I want to dress up?
Please do! They love it when you do! They are looking into prizes for best dressed.
Are you doing sessions this year?
No, they are not.
Do I have to wear a mask?
Yes, it’s compulsory, now you can just wear a fun one! And no your costume does not qualify as a mask.
Will there be food available at the event?
They will have delicious traders for every taste.
Can I purchase a family tickets if we are two adults?
No you may not, you will be charged the additional amounts upon entry. It's been a tough year and people with children need a break. They have to monitor capacity very carefully.
Adult tickets, what ages?
All persons age 13 and above are required to purchase an adult ticket.
They are only valid for 1/ 2 adults and 1 / 2 children 12 or under.
There are still a few of us left, you may only smoke in the designated smoking area at the bar.
Is it pet friendly?
Yes, you may bring your pet, how ever your fur child must remain on a leash at all times, please scoop up poop.
Pets will not be allowed in the Forest or Haunted House.