The Haunted Forest
The Haunted Forest is presented by Picnics in the Park. The fourth annual event will take place over three days. Friday will be dedicated to teens, Saturday will offer interactive activities in the forest for adults and Sunday is a day for families. The event will feature an “Asylum” – a haunted house only for the brave. Other features include food stalls, a big screen, dam and picnic area.
- Date: Friday – Sunday, 25 – 27 October 2019
- Venue: Riversands Farm Village, Rose Road, Midrand, Johannesburg
- More Info: 076 8922 535 | firstname.lastname@example.org | http://picnicsinthepark.co/
The Festival de Mexico Halloween Fiesta
In celebration of the Mexican Day of the Dead, Doritos presents The Festival de Mexico Halloween Fiesta. The festival brings fun and entertainment for the whole family. Kids can enjoy Joburg’s biggest trick and treat, best dressed competitions, a pinata showdown, face painting and the kiddies entertainment area. Parents can enjoy the live entertainment by top performers, the chilli eating competition and the Mexican food trucks.
- Date: Saturday, 26 October 2019 at 12:00 – 22:00
- Venue: Montecasino, Montecasino Boulevard, Fourways
- More Info: 082 823 2674 | email@example.com | Facebook
Halloween Night Market
Bring the little ones along for a fun-filled evening at the Halloween Night Market. Families will be delighted with the big screen movie, trick or treating, treasure hunt, games, dress-up contest, photo booth, art and craft stalls, delicious food, scary music, esoteric stalls and the Halloween store. There will also be some yummy cupcake competitions for baking enthusiasts. This event has safe, inside parking with free entrance to boot.
- Date: Saturday, 26 October 2019 at 16:00 – 23:00
- Venue: 49 Aerodrome Drive, Northmead, Benoni
- More Info: http://www.eastrandcraftersmarket.co.za | Facebook
Joburg Zoo Family Fun Day
While this event may not be Halloween themed, it still makes for a day of family fun. This event will keep kiddies and parents entertained and enthralled for hours with their free and paid for entertainment throughout the day. There will be safe parking available at Upper Park drive, Zoo public entrance. The event is open to all ages, so grab hubby, the kids and even the grandparents for hours of uninterrupted fun.
- Date: Saturday, 26 October 2019 at 10:00 – 17:00
- Venue: Jan Smuts Ave & Upper Park Dr, Parkview, Johannesburg
- More Info: 011 646 2000 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Computicket
Halloween ComicFest 2019
Hosted by Cosmic Comics, this Halloween event is sure to be fun for the whole family. At the event, there will be an awesome Cosplay as well as an enticing trick or treat session, superhero style. If that wasn’t exciting enough, Cosmic Comics will also be giving away free comic books! So dress up as your favourite superhero, villain, anime character or manga character and let the fun and games begin.
- Date: Saturday, 26 October 2019 at 9:00 – 15:30
- Venue: 254 Beyers Naude Drive, Blackheath, Randburg
- More Info: 011 678 0165 | email@example.com | https://cosmiccomics.online/
Trick Or Treat Big Screen Movie Night
Hops End Brewpub and Val Bonne Country Estate are proud to bring you the Trick Or Treat Big Screen Movie Night. Here, the whole family can have a blast dressing up as their favourite Halloween character, go on the hunt trick or treating and enjoying an alluring Halloween film, complete with popcorn and drinks. Bring along some picnic blankets or chairs and enjoy the show.
- Date: Saturday, 26 October 2019 at 17:00 – 21:00
- Venue: 1 Arden Rd Modderfontein, Johannesburg
- More Info: 087 288 1904 | firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.hopsend.co.za
What is your family doing for Halloween? Let us know in the comments section below.