Founded in 1966, the Goodman Gallery is a cornerstone on the South African scene with a history of supporting contemporary art that is courageous and thought provoking, often proudly making headlines for causing a stir with the odd exhibition. Goodman’s clean white aesthetic and open space is a favourite amongst top South African artists and they never fail to impress. Visitors are guaranteed a gratifying visual experience.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Dada Khanyisa | 'Good Feelings'
- Let's Get Quizzical
- Gallery Hop Down Jan Smuts Avenue
- Kendell Geers - "In Gozi We Trust"
- Q & A with Sam Nhlengethwa on 'Joburg Selected'
- Sam Nhlengethwa presents 'Joburg Selected' at the Goodman Gallery
- Carrie Mae Weems - 'Over Time' at the Goodman Gallery
- The Fragile Exhibition by Theko Boshomane
- 3rd Annual Silent Walk
- Sue Williamson | That Particular Morning
- Film Screening: Berlin Alexanderplatz Remastered
- Silent Book Club at the Goethe Institut Johannesburg
The Goodman Gallery is located in the Rosebank area of Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 17 reviews
"Goodman Gallery is one of the most distinguished and longest-standing international contemporary art galleries, Established in Johannesburg in 1966" - Entrance is free and it makes for an...
Klaus G Says:
The Goodman gallery has always been touted as a leading gallery on South African contemporary art. When I visited this was not so, an interactive exhibition with some photos and less than 20 items...
A small but well layer out gallery with good lighting & divided spaces. The exhibit was good & the write up interesting. The staff were friendly & very helpful in directing us to other contemporary...