Founded in 1966, the Goodman Gallery is a cornerstone on the South African scene with a history of supporting contemporary art that is courageous and thought provoking, often proudly making headlines for causing a stir with the odd exhibition. Goodman’s clean white aesthetic and open space is a favourite amongst top South African artists and they never fail to impress. Visitors are guaranteed a gratifying visual experience.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Film Screening: Berlin Alexanderplatz Remastered
- Silent Book Club at the Goethe Institut Johannesburg
- Social Parkwood Is African Inspiration
- Film Screening Of The Young Karl Marx At The Goethe-Institut
- 2nd Annual Silent Walk For The Deaf
- Week #1 at The Reading Room
- The Hollard Daredevil Run 2019
- Art It Is
- Top 10 Places To Go On The Weekend
- Worcester Cottage & Suite
- Parkwood Boutique Hotel
The Goodman Gallery is located in the Rosebank area of Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 17 reviews
"Goodman Gallery is one of the most distinguished and longest-standing international contemporary art galleries, Established in Johannesburg in 1966" - Entrance is free and it makes for an...
Klaus G Says:
The Goodman gallery has always been touted as a leading gallery on South African contemporary art. When I visited this was not so, an interactive exhibition with some photos and less than 20 items...
A small but well layer out gallery with good lighting & divided spaces. The exhibit was good & the write up interesting. The staff were friendly & very helpful in directing us to other contemporary...