Is your dad a passionate beer lover? Treat him to a ‘beertastic’ Father’s Day feast prepared by Doppio Zero. Their Father’s Day menu features an array of beer-inspired dishes sure to make Dad smile from ear to ear. From their tapas selection to mains and even dessert, it’s all about beer this Father’s Day. Here’s what’s on offer:
- Beer marinated chicken wings served with sticky barbecue basting and black garlic yoghurt.
- Trio of beer battered hake tacos served with Asian slaw, salsa and mayo.
- Beer and onion braised short rib served with Parmesan mash and crispy onions.
- Cider roasted pork belly served with caramelised onion mashed potato, cider sauce and sauteed spinach.
- The Beer Burger – the Doppio house ground beef burger topped with tomato, rocket, grilled red onions, spicy cheddar beer sauce and streaky bacon served on a butter glazed burger bun with a side of hand cut chips.
- Cider Apple Crumble – oat crumble served with creme anglaise.
- Beer brownies – four fudgy brownies topped with beer frosting.
How To Order?
Doppio Zero will only be accepting Father’s Day orders via their WhatsApp ordering and delivery service. Find your nearest Doppio Zero branch and their WhatsApp contact details here. Please place your order in advance. You can opt to have your order delivered for a fee of R25 within a radius of 5km, or to collect from the restaurant.
The Victorian Secret
Is your father more of a gentle soul who loves nothing more than a classic brunch feast? Treat your old man to a delectable sweet or savoury spread prepared by The Victorian Secret. Their Father’s Day menu features a number of sweet treats to show Dad just how much you love him, as well as family-style sharing meals. You can also gift your dad with one of their quirky biltong bouquets or a divine cheese platter this Father’s Day. Here’s an idea of what The Victorian Secret has up their sleeve for you and Dad this Father’s Day:
Build Your Own High Tea
Dads love the gift of choice. Treat your father to his own divine high tea this Father’s Day, taking your pick from this yummy selection of sweet and savoury nibbles:
- Mini cupcakes
- Assorted macarons
- Chocolate brownie bites
- Tea scones with jam and cream
- Peppermint crisp mini tartlets
- Lemon meringue mini tartlets
- Milk tart mini tartlets
- Peanut butter chocolate mousse mini tartlets
- Berry cheesecake mini tartlets
- Golden crunchie bites
- Rocky Road bites
- Milk tart eclairs
- Dark chocolate eclairs
- White chocolate eclairs
- Mixed berry eclairs
- Mini sliders (chicken, beef or veggie)
- Mini filled croissants (bacon or veggie)
- Chicken skewers
- Thai green curry pinwheels
- Mini boerie rolls
- Chicken spring rolls
- Beef and balsamic onion bruschetta
- Mini pizza
- Mini pies (brisket, chicken or veggie)
- Cheese grillers
How To Order?
Pick your selection of treats and WhatsApp your order to 078 975 9929. Delivery on orders under R400 and outside of the Benoni area will be charged at R50. Please place your order before 12:00 on Saturday, 20 June 2020 to receive your delivery on time.
The Good Food Studio
Sadly there will be no Father’s Day cooking classes happening at The Good Food Studio on Nicol this year. However you can still organise a super Father’s Day feast from their kitchen, as they are now offering ordering and collection on a variety of ready-made meals. These family-favourite dishes are not only made with wholesome ingredients, but the love and care that you would likely put into preparing a meal for Dad yourself. If you simply won’t have the time or energy this Father’s Day to whip up a tasty feast, get in touch with the Good Food Studio to organise a ready-made lunch for the family.
Their Father’s Day menu features a delicious selection of sides, salads, breads and dessert. Let the old man whip up a braai of meat to serve alongside this array of snacks and heart-healthy salads:
- Smashed lemon & herb baby potatoes
- Butternut and sweet potato bake
- Mielie tart
- Cheesy broccoli and cauliflower bake
- Garlic loaf
- Biltong broodjie
- Three bean salad
- Moroccan roast veg salad
- Potato salad
- Malva pudding
- Chocolate pudding
How To Order?
Father’s Day orders must be placed by Thursday, 18 June 2020 before 12:00. Email Annelise at email@example.com to place your order. You will then be able to collect your Father’s Day feast from the Good Food Studio on Friday between 10:00 – 15:00 or Saturday between 08:00 – 12:00.
Details: Pick n Pay on Nicol – Good Food Studio, Cnr William Nicol & Republic, Hurlingham, Johannesburg.
Would you like to treat your dad to dinner and drinks this Father’s Day? Check out these restaurants offering order and delivery on takeaway beers, ciders, wine, bubbly and cocktails.