Ellis Park, was originally built as an athletics stadium, but can be used for multipurpose events such as boxing, wrestling, exhibitions, sporting spectacles, banquets, arts and culture festivals, and many community events. It is mostly used as a training ground for popular local soccer team Orlando Pirates Football Club and the Golden Lions Rugby Union. The stadium also has easy access to catering points, hospitality suites, VIP lounges and accommodates 36 000 seated and approximately 10 000 – 15 000 spectators on the floor area.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Krispy Kreme Gets Creepy Just In Time For The Addams Family Release
- MercyMe South Africa Tour
- Who Will Be The Ultimate Wing Man?
- To Cronut Or To Donut? That Is The Question
- Places Where You Can Get That Mexican Flavour
- Must-Try Egg Inspired Food And Restaurants
- A Gentleman's Guide To Preparing For Movember
- Motherland Coffee Company VS Father Coffee
- Different Clubs To Explore In Joburg
- Travel On A Latin Inspired Journey Around Joburg
- Where To Enjoy the Rugby World Cup Final
- Basketball Clubs In The City
The multipurpose Johannesburg Stadium is situated in the Doornfontein suburb of the CBD.
Venue Name:Ellis Park Stadium
S Park Ln, New Doornfontein, Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 147 reviews
I first visited Ellis park 10 years ago when the Lions dismantled the Springboks 28-9. The atmosphere on that occasion was amazing, and the guided tour around the ground is equally good.
Ellis Park will always be iconic for any South African rugby player,supporter and foe. It was in this stadium that South Africa won its first Rugby World Cup in 1995. It’s been the nemesis of many...
Going to a venue like this you kind of expect the foodies to be on the expensive side, I get that so no issues there. My two biggest issues where the Public Announcement System, that you couldn't...