Ellis Park, was originally built as an athletics stadium, but can be used for multipurpose events such as boxing, wrestling, exhibitions, sporting spectacles, banquets, arts and culture festivals, and many community events. It is mostly used as a training ground for popular local soccer team Orlando Pirates Football Club and the Golden Lions Rugby Union. The stadium also has easy access to catering points, hospitality suites, VIP lounges and accommodates 36 000 seated and approximately 10 000 – 15 000 spectators on the floor area.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- WIN A Hamper Of Starbucks At Home's New Premium Instant Coffee!
- Explore Joburg's Best Art Galleries In Level 3 Lockdown
- Wild One Grazing Tables Has Your Catering Needs Sorted!
- Gone Fishing At These Top Spots In The City
- Father's Day Lunch Feasts At Home
- Joburg's Best Inner City Walking Tours
- Restaurants Offering Takeaway Drinks & Alcohol Delivery
- Do Meat-Free Mondays The Right Way With Doppio Zero
- Explore Nature In And Around The City
- Krispy Kreme Partners With Sally Williams Nougat
- Paul's Homemade Ice Cream Celebrates Pride Month With New Rainbow Scoops
- Get Your Birthday Cake Delivered During Lockdown
The multipurpose Johannesburg Stadium is situated in the Doornfontein suburb of the CBD.
- Venue Name:Ellis Park Stadium
S Park Ln, New Doornfontein, Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 148 reviews
Watched many a rugby game at this historic stadium. Parking is a nightmare so would strongly recommend the park and ride option for big games.
I first visited Ellis park 10 years ago when the Lions dismantled the Springboks 28-9. The atmosphere on that occasion was amazing, and the guided tour around the ground is equally good.
Ellis Park will always be iconic for any South African rugby player,supporter and foe. It was in this stadium that South Africa won its first Rugby World Cup in 1995. It’s been the nemesis of many...