Ellis Park, was originally built as an athletics stadium, but can be used for multipurpose events such as boxing, wrestling, exhibitions, sporting spectacles, banquets, arts and culture festivals, and many community events. It is mostly used as a training ground for popular local soccer team Orlando Pirates Football Club and the Golden Lions Rugby Union. The stadium also has easy access to catering points, hospitality suites, VIP lounges and accommodates 36 000 seated and approximately 10 000 – 15 000 spectators on the floor area.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Sun Xa Experiment Plays Mboma Sessions In Braamfischerville Mboma
- Christmas With Nebula Cinemas
- Christmas Night Adventure Run/Walk
- Where To Buy Christmas Gifts For The Kids
- Get Your Christmas Cookies At These Top Joburg Bakeries!
- Finding Your Fashion In Space
- Miss SA - Zozibini Tunzi For Miss Universe
- Hunting For Trinkets And Collectables In Joburg
- 6th Annual Freelancers
- Getting The Perfect Gift This Christmas
- On The Go Snack Spots You Need For Your Cravings
- Don't Miss The Murder Mystery Movie Of The Year, Knives Out
The multipurpose Johannesburg Stadium is situated in the Doornfontein suburb of the CBD.
Venue Name:Ellis Park Stadium
S Park Ln, New Doornfontein, Johannesburg.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 147 reviews
I first visited Ellis park 10 years ago when the Lions dismantled the Springboks 28-9. The atmosphere on that occasion was amazing, and the guided tour around the ground is equally good.
Ellis Park will always be iconic for any South African rugby player,supporter and foe. It was in this stadium that South Africa won its first Rugby World Cup in 1995. It’s been the nemesis of many...
Going to a venue like this you kind of expect the foodies to be on the expensive side, I get that so no issues there. My two biggest issues where the Public Announcement System, that you couldn't...