Experience Fine-Dining At Level Four
Delight your senses with some fine-dining and elegance at 54 on Bath’s Level Four restaurant . They have just launched their new winter menu as well as a brand-new dining experience at the ‘Chef’s Table’. This menu offers meals that suit the chilly weather and focus on the deliciousness of comfort food that warms the body from the inside out, all the while appealing to their discerning guests’ expectations.
Book The Chef’s Table At Level Four
The Chef’s Table, which has been especially crafted, accommodates five to seven people and is positioned where guests can see the whole kitchen ‘theatre’ unfolding, including the preparation and cooking, plates being plated, and orders being called. The special six-course ‘chef’s choice’ menu includes a surprise seventh course from one of the dishes being prepared for the evening, as well as a bottle of Pierre Jourdan Brut and wine pairing with four of the courses. This experience costs R1 200 per person.
The new menu has been created by Executive Chef, Matthew Foxon, together with his sous chefs, Lutendo Funyufunyu, Lefa Mosana, Precious Malebye and Albin Nel. Keeping in line with Level Four tradition, it features sustainable sourcing of the best quality seasonal ingredients and credit given to the individual chefs who played a role in fine-tuning the dishes.
What’s On The Menu?
The range of starters includes:
- ‘Buffalo Ridge’ mozzarella with pumpkin jam, hazelnut, and black truffle;
- Seared ‘Yellow Fin’ tuna with coconut puree, avocado, wasabi labneh and anchovies;
- Crab & line fish bisque with roasted garlic rouille, seafood tortellini;
- Venison carpaccio, grapefruit & raspberry;
- Chicken & game terrine;
- Roasted beetroot tart;
- Chicken consommé with quail and homemade dumpling;
- and Minestrone consommé.
The main course menu includes some excellent winter warmers and features:
- 200g ‘Black Angus’ fillet, osso buco, spinach puree, chard and sweet potato;
- Miso cured line fish with bok choi, mushrooms, broad beans and baby leek;
- Pekin duck, red cabbage, brussel sprouts, confit duck, apricot relish, and cherry jus;
- Baked ‘West Coast’ sole, baby leek, potato, shrimp beurre blanc;
- Beetroot risotto with smoked mozzarella;
- Merino lamb cutlet, loin, belly, braised shoulder, tender stem broccoli, tamarin & aubergine;
- Butternut gnocchi, pumpkin puree, hummus, and burnt butter;
- 300g ‘Jersey’ Rib eye, mash or hand cut chips and pepper or mushroom sauce;
- and The renowned Foxon signature ‘to share’ dish of 45-day dry-aged ‘Jersey’ fore rib on the bone, served with a choice of a side and sauce remains on the menu.
Desserts are rich and tantalising and include:
- ‘Gold’ caramel mousse, sour cherries & sorbet;
- Dark chocolate fondant, spiced caramel, macadamia & rum ice cream;
- Lemon grass & ginger ‘crème brulee’ with lime, coriander and pineapple;
- Matcha & coconut panna cotta, compressed apple and almonds;
- ‘Ruby’ chocolate ganache, dark chocolate, raspberry gel, schezwan & yoghurt sorbet;
- and a South African cheese platter.
Foxon says that sourcing of sustainable ingredients is becoming increasingly challenging as more fish are being added to the SA Sustainable Seafood Initiative Red List, which now includes rock lobster and crayfish. “Lobster bisque is one of our signature dishes and we are trying to find a replacement for lobster – it’s hugely popular and an essential item on our menu.” The restaurant remains committed to sourcing fresh fish and to encouraging suppliers to ‘go green’ with their packaging and recycling policies and practices.
For More Information
For more information about the Chef’s Table, the brand-new winter menu or Level Four Restaurant, visit www.tsogosun.com/54-on-bath.
You can contact 54 on Bath at 011 344 8500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.