Please note: Event dates are subject to change or be cancelled at any given time. Please contact the event organisers directly for further information and confirmation. Make sure you keep with the COVID-19 health and safety rules and regulations at all times. No mask = no entry.
Destination Christmas Market
- Date: From Wednesday, 02 December 2020 to Saturday, 05 December 2020 from 15:00 to 21:00.
- Venue: Melrose Arch, Melrose Boulevard, Melrose North, Birnam, Johannesburg.
- Cost: Entrance to the market is FREE. However, bring change for parking and shopping.
Get into the festive spirit at the Destination Christmas Markets taking place at Melrose Arch from 02 to 05 December 2020. Here, you'll find unique Christmas gifts for your friends and loved ones, beautiful festive décor, special handcrafted goodies, stunning jewellery, clothing for all, homeware and accessories, and toys for the little ones. Not only will you get to do some festive shopping, but you can also spend the evening dining at on of the precincts fab foodie spots and enjoying the twinkling Christmas light display lining High Street.
Wonderland Of Lights
- Date: Friday, 04 December 2020 to Thursday, 24 December 2020 from 18:00 to 22:00
- Venue: Walter Sisulu National Botanical Garden, Malcolm Road, Poortview, Roodepoort, Johannesburg.
- Cost: Entrance is R80 per adult, R70 per pensioner, R50 per child aged between 6 and 18, and a family ticket for four is R220. Click here to get your tickets.
Gather the family and make your way to the Walter Sisulu National Botanical Garden this December for their beautiful display of Christmas lights. The Wonderland of Lights will be showcasing a mesmerising festive lights display complete with Christmas carols chanting in the background to create just that cheerful and relaxed vibe we deserve after such a challenging year.
A Lipizzaner Christmas
- Date: 05, 06, 09, 12, 13, 16, 18, 19, 20, 22 and 23 December 2020.
- Venue: South African Lipizzaners, 01 Dahlia Road, Midrand, Johannesburg.
- Cost: Tickets cost from R 120 per person. Click here to get your tickets now.
For something magical, perfect for both young and old, don't miss the captivating, festive and delightful performance of A Lipizzaner Christmas! They'll be kicking off their seasonal celebrations with carols and musical fun, all to the hoof beats of their famous dancing White Stallions. For dates and times, click here for more information. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, you'll be required to abide by social distancing regulations and wear your mask at all times during the show.
Sublime Sundays at The Greenhouse Bar
- Date: Sunday 06, 13, 20 December 2020.
- Venue: The Greenhouse Bar, 199 Oxford Road, Oxford Parks, Dunkeld, Johannesburg.
Summer is here, and what better way to celebrate this time of year than with sunsets, sundowners, beautiful people, cool breezes, special guest DJs and soulful sounds at Sublime Sundays at The Greenhouse Bar? Spend your Sunday delighting your taste buds with fine Middle-Eastern-fusion cuisine along with elite table service to provide the full VIP experience. Doors open at 13:00. Booking are essential. Contact [email protected] or 079 179 7362 to book now.
KAMERS/Makers 2020 Irene
- Date: Tuesday, 08 December 2020 to Sunday, 13 December 2020 from 09:00 - 17:00 daily.
- Venue: Cornwall Hill College, Nellmapius Drive, Irene, Pretoria.
- Cost: Tickets cost between R 60 and R 110 per person. Click here to get your tickets now.
The artisanal market we all know and love, KAMERS/Makers, will be returning to Irene, Pretoria, this December! This is the perfect opportunity to get started on all your Christmas shopping. For a celebratory end to 2020, the country's original artisan 'up'-market returns to Cornwall Hill College for a shopping experience like no other. Get ready for more than 200 proudly SA designers and crafters, all showcasing the coolest stuff you’ve never seen before – from fashion, food, skincare and ceramics to jewellery, lifestyle, music and much more.
The 12 Pubs of Xmas
- Date: Saturday, 12 December 2020 from 10:00 to 23:00
- Venue: The fun starts at the Good Luck Bar, 14 Alexander Street, Ferreiras Dorp, Johannesburg
- Cost: Tickets from R250 per person. Click here to get your tickets now.
12 pop-up bars, 12 drinks, 12 ridiculous bar rules. This is a festive party you definitely don't want to miss! The 12 Pubs of Xmas is Jozi's most outrageous Christmas pub crawl. And due to COVID-19, they've changed things up – 12POX2020 will have TWO sessions: session 1 (day) between 10:00 and 16:00 (500 people MAX) and session 2 (evening) between 17:00 and 23:00 (500 people MAX). ONLY 1 000 tickets will be available, so make sure you get your tickets ASAP! This is a great way to keep refreshed this summer.
Jozi Coffee Cycle Tour
- Date: Saturday, 19 December 2020 from 09:00 to 15:00
- Venue: Starting point at Victoria Yards Foakes Coffee, 16 Viljoen Street, Lorentzville, Johannesburg.
- Cost: R450 with bike rental; R350 own bike (includes free coffee at the start). Email [email protected] to book your spot, space is extremely limited!
Love coffee and would like to explore the city on a bicycle this summer? Then be sure not to miss the Jozi Coffee Cycle Tour! This is an absolute must-experience if you haven't yet. The tour will start at Victoria Yards Foakes Coffee, and from there, you'll cycle to Maboneng at Home Of The Bean. After a coffee break there, you'll proceed to the CBD and Newtown. This is a lovely way to tour your city and discover some hidden gems that you never thought existed. Don't forget your face masks and sanitisers! Also, book well in advance as this tour is extremely popular! Remember to wear caps and sunscreen too, it is summer after all!
The Weekend Market's Water Park
- Date: Open 24, 25, 26 December 2020 and 01 January 2021.
- Venue: The Weekend Market JHB, 01 Rifle Range Road, Ridgeway, Johannesburg.
- Cost: Entry costs R120 per child and R150 per adult.
Looking to keep cool in Jozi's summer heat? Then be sure to visit the Weekend Market's water park which will be open on those special days, including Christmas and New Year's Day! You and your loved ones will have a blast and absolute splash in the kids and grownups pools, enjoying the water slides, and dancing to the cool sounds from the resident DJ. Kids will also have plenty of fun at Kids World. There's also a braai area and bar for the grownups to enjoy.
New Year's Eve Jozi Night Rooftop Tour
- Date: Thursday, 31 December 2020 from 17:00 to 00:00.
- Venue: Parktonian Protea Hotel, 120 De Korte Street, Johannesburg
- Cost: R850 per person (includes transfers, one FREE drink/cocktail, platters and cover charges and excludes additional food and drinks other than the platters and FREE drink). Email [email protected] to book your space. Space is limited.
Join Micro-Adventure Tours for a New Year's Eve countdown in lockdown on their Jozi rooftop tour. This amazing tour will start with awesome sunset views and end with stunning Jozi's night skies! How it works is you'll UBER to the meeting point at The Parktonian Hotel, which offers 360 degrees views of the city while you will enjoy platters and sundowners. From there, you'll be taken to at least three other rooftop destinations within the Joburg CBD to enjoy the sights. Be sure to book your spots ASAP as space is limited. It's a summer must.