David Krut Print Workshop (DKW) is an experimental intaglio printmaking workshop. It was established in 2002 on Jan Smuts Avenue in Parkwood, and now has a second workshop at Arts on Main.
The Arts on Main part of the David Krut Project includes a specialised art book store, where high quality South African and international art books are regularly published and sold here. The small gallery space features prints from some of South Africa’s most notable printmakers. The printmaking studio on the premises is where they often work and is managed by Jillian Ross with the assistance of printers Mlungisi Kongisa and Niall Bingham. Ross, Kongisa and Bingham have worked with a number of different artists—including William Kentridge, David Koloane, Deborah Bell, Colbert Mashile, Wilma Cruise, Ryan Arenson, Trasi Henen, Stompie Selibe and others—creating bodies of work that are recognised for their technical excellence and originality.
The workshop seeks to promote a dynamic and collaborative environment and to cultivate an audience of informed collectors who understand editions and multiples as important art mediums.
Have you been here? Rate and review your experience below!
- Brazilian Film Festival 2019 at The Bioscope
- Height, Weight And Age
- iNduku At The POPArt Theatre
- Jozi Gold Screenings at the Bioscope Independent Cinema
- You've Never Seen: Grave of the Fireflies
- Herbert Evans Art Shop Thrives In Maboneng
- Vintage Nouveau Burlesque Presents: Misfits XXXMas in July
- Life Four Rent
- For ONCE | Ghost Dimension - Memory Ritual. Scattered Song
- One Night In Nirvana: Gemini Edition
- Classic Movie Night – Harvey (1950) Screening
- Toy Story Marathon @ The Bioscope