What Is It?
On 24 September 2019, Market on Main brought a piece of downtown home to Design Quarter, activating the space with heart. It was spring, they were excited about new beginnings as the decade was coming to a close.
None of us expected the next year to look quite like it did, but Market on Main made it through and popped up again on Heritage Day 2020 with gusto! Their vendors were glowing though their masks, the Design Quarter staff were dancing to Jerusalema outside, the restaurants and shops were alive and buzzing, and everyone was excited about being away from home.
Now – they’ve survived another year and look forward to celebrating everything lovely and local again. Heritage Day falls on a Friday this year, so the long weekend is being dubbed Heritage Days. For three days, the market will bring all things artisanal, locally made and quirky to the Northern Suburbs with the aim of supporting small business during these challenging and unpredictable times.
Design Quarter celebrates all aspects of design and craftsmanship. Market on Main adds to their unconventional shopping experience by extend their offering to one not available at any other mall in Joburg. The shops and restaurants will all be open alongside the unique Market On Main vibe. The stalls will be laid out in dedicated areas with social distancing and space in mind.
When Is It?
Friday, 24 September 2021 to Sunday, 26 September 2021 from 10:00 to 15:00 daily.
Where Is It?
Design Quarter, corner William Nicol Drive and Leslie Avenue, Magaliessig, Fourways, Johannesburg.
How Much Is It?
Entrance to the Heritage Day Weekend Pop-Up is FREE. However, be sure to take your card and some cash along to do some shopping and indulging, and to pay for parking.
For More Information
Click here to view the Facebook event page for more information on the Heritage Day Weekend Pop-Up.
You can also contact them on WhatsApp via 082 868 1335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
One lucky reader stands the chance of winning a Market on Main Heritage Day Weekend Pop-Up hamper, valued at R2 400!
The prize includes:
- R190 food voucher from Endlini Quisine Soul food @Endlini_cuizine
- R350 sweater from The Word @Theword_clothing
- R300 from Eddy Ferro @Eddyferrodecor
- R100 food voucher from Southern basket @basketsouthern
- R130 rose quartZ bath soak from Rinkink @rinkinkdesigns
- R850 exotic necklace from Sunrei @sunreiofficial
- R180 book from EthniKids @ethnikids_co
- R100 from Life Plus Lemonade @life_plus_lemons
- R200 earrings from Bijouled @bijouledjewels
To enter, follow these easy steps:
- Visit Market on Main, Design Quarter and Joburg.co.za on Facebook and like us.
- Visit Market on Main, Design Quarter and Joburg.co.za on Instagram and follow us.
- Like the post and tag 3 people who you'd want to join you at the Heritage Day Weekend Pop-Up in the comments.
- Go to the Market on Main Heritage Day Weekend Pop-Up event page and click on "Interested" or "Going".
This competition closes on Thursday, 23 September 2021 at midday, SHARP.