Which Categories Are Open For Business?
In case you missed it, these are the categories of services that are deemed safe to resume operations as of Friday, 19 June 2020:
- Hairdressing and barbering
- Hand and foot treatments
- Facial treatments and makeup
- Body massages
- Tattooing and body piercing
The New Rules
These formal salons will need to adhere to the following rules in order to operate and ensure the safety of their staff and customers:
- Provide a hand sanitising/washing station for customers before they enter the premises
- Encourage contactless payment where possible
- Disinfect common areas before and after use, including after serving each customer
- Sanitise all equipment and/or tools before and after each use
- All bottles with products must be wiped down with a 70% alcohol solution after serving each customer and at the end and beginning of each business day
- Fresh and clean towels must be used for each customer
- Keep windows and doors open, if possible, to ensure ventilation
- Arrange and provide adequate PPE for employees
- Masks must be worn at all times and the stylist must also wear a face shield/ visor that must be cleaned after serving each customer
- Aprons and gloves should be changed after each client
- Encourage pre-booking appointments to avoid long queues and waiting periods
- Salons must only allow customers inside if the 1.5 metre distance can be maintained
- Employees and owners above the age of 60 or with comorbidities must be discouraged from working
- Use a booking system for treatment appointments
- No guests allowed
- Suspend the provision of all beverage and food amenities for customers
For the full rules and regulations guide regarding formal salons, hairdressers, barbers and tattoo studios, click here for the guidelines.
Now For The Good News – Who’s Opening Soon!
We’re so excited about the opening of beauty salons and hairdressers! So, we did a search on who will be opening soon and waiting to sort out all of our needs after all the stresses and uncertainties this lockdown has conjured up.
Have your highlights grown out drastically over the last three months? Need to sort out those split ends and refresh your look with a brand-new cut, colour and style? Franco International is waiting to be of assistance! They’ll be opening soon and are ready to welcome their customers back to a safe and hygienic environment.
Gents, we didn’t forget about you! Those beards also need some pampering after all of the lockdown stresses and perils everyone has been through! Rocket Man are now open for all your grooming needs. They’ve taken all the necessary measures to ensure your and their safety during this pandemic.
Carlton Hair SA
Find your nearest Carlton Hair salon and make your booking now before it’s too late! Carlton Hair SA are happy to announce that they have reopened their salons across the country.
You can find their Joburg stores in:
- Melrose Arch
- Bryanston Shopping Centre
- Cambridge Crossing
- Hyde Park Corner
- Lonehill Shopping Centre
- Nelson Mandela Square
- Rosebank Mall
- Village View Shopping Centre
And in Pretoria:
- Centurion Mall
- Irene Village Mall
- Parkview Centre
HAPPY HAIRDRESSERS 🤩 Carlton Hair could not be more excited about the reopening of salons! Our staff returned to the…
Soon, Sorbet Salons across the country will be opening their doors so you can once again enjoy their range of pampering treatments. From manicures and pedicures to an amazing massage and maybe even a wax, they’ll soon be ready and waiting to leave you feeling renewed, refreshed, rejuvenated and spoilt. Pre-bookings are now open, so be sure to contact your closest store and book your appointment.
View this post on Instagram
Great news! Our doors will be opening this coming Tuesday, 23 June 2020 & pre-bookings are now open! Be sure to contact your closest store now to book your place. We want to assure all our guests that our mission is to maintain strict hygiene measures in all of our stores, while delivering that same great feeling. For more information on our in-store hygiene protocols, click on the link: bit.ly/2CeRDxg We can’t wait to welcome you back! #SorbetCares #GetThatFeeling
Camelot Spa at Melrose Arch
For the ultimate beauty pamper, ensure that you’re on Camelot Spa at Melrose Arch’s VIP waiting list to ensure you’re on top of the appointment list once they officially reopen their doors (which is quite soon). This is also the perfect time to purchase a few vouchers and experience packages to indulge in now that the lockdown restrictions have been eased slightly.
We cannot wait to see all our wonderful guests again. Contact us to ensure you are on our waiting list for when we open!
Re: Fresh Brows & Lashes
If you’re in the Dainfern area and need to get your lashes and brows tamed and looking fabulous once again, give Re: Fresh Brows & Lashes a call! Their beauty salon is officially open and ready to make you feel beautiful. Other than brows and lashes, they also offer skincare treatments, micro-needling, spray tans, tints and more. They have implemented all the health and precautionary protocols necessary to ensure your and their safety are not compromised.