To mark the opening of its new store at The Glen Shopping Centre on 01 June 2018, Anat, South Africa’s favourite Middle Eastern food joint is asking young South Africans in Gauteng to design their “perfect South African Pita” and win the opportunity to have their creation made for them and nine friends or family. “Since 1992 we have been giving our customers a choice,” says founder and owner, Anat Apter. “The choice to have your food, your way and now we want to expand that choice to incorporate local South African cuisine into our Middle East origins with this competition.” South African cooking has so many different influences from Africa, Europe and the Far East and this rich combination gives us such an exciting culinary palate to work from.”
Apter continues that while the Anat story is rooted in the diverse cuisine of the Middle East, she wants that story to include the rich heritage of traditional South African food with no combination being too outlandish or out-there for the competition. “The only restrictions is a limit of five ingredients and the dish must be served in an Anat pita. So whether it is chakalaka, pap and boerewors, bunny chow, bobotie, a Gatsby or even a malva pudding and custard could be interesting!”
Entrants are asked to submit their #AnatPerfectPitaZA ideas via Facebook by liking the Anat page and then sharing their idea by 5pm on Saturday, 16 June. The best five #AnatPerfectPitaZA ideas will then be selected with the winner voted for, by the Anat Facebook community. The winning #AnatPerfectPitaZA will be created and served at Anat – The Glen Shopping Centre during the last week of June 2018.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries are limited to three per entrant.
- Entries are via the Anat Facebook page only.
- Finalists will be selected by the owners of Anat Foods Pty (Ltd.) after the first round deadline of 5pm on Saturday, 16 th June, 2018.
- The winner of #AnatPerfectPitaZA will be selected based on votes from the Anat Facebook page.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize of the #AnatPerfectPitaZA will be 10 pitas based on the winning selection, 10 side dishes and 10 soft drinks.
- The winner and their nine friends or family members must be able to be present at Anat – The Glen Shopping Centre between Monday 25 th June and Friday 29 th June 2018.
- Transportation to and from Anat – The Glen Shopping Centre is not included in the prize.
- No cash alternative is available.
For more information on Anat, log on to www.anat.co.za or like
facebook.com/AnatFoods and follow @Anat_Foods on Instagram for regular