Hyde Park Corner Welcomes Artisanal Collaboration With 44 Stanley & Victoria Yards
Perfectly timed to bring a a wide selection of artisanal Christmas gifting ideas, Hyde Park Corner welcomes VYx44, a collaborative store bringing the artisans, makers and designers from artsy 44 Stanley and Victoria Yards to the north.
44 Stanley, and more recently Victoria Yards, have re-invented urban spaces in Joburg and brought local makers and artisans together. Although distinctly different, both properties focus on sustainable practices and a return to artisanal craft and making with an increased emphasis on social development. This November, Hyde Park Corner brings these artisans, makers and designers to you.
Opening on Friday 01 November 2019 in the month of Hyde Park Corner’s 50th birthday celebrations, VYx44 will be a place to discover fashion and accessories, furniture and décor, craft and design and coffee from Africa’s first Certified Fairtrade, organic coffee roaster.
Housed in a trendy warehouse-like space at Hyde Park Corner, VYx44 is a perfect addition to the Hyde Park Corner’s mix of elegant and upmarket stores, restaurants, medical practitioners, aesthetics, movies and experiences. The participants in VYx44 are:
From 44 Stanley:
- Bean There Coffee Company: African Free Trade Coffee Roastery
- Bonsai Studio: Bonsai and plant specialist
- Colony Design: Leather design & furniture
- Guillotine Design: SA contemporary fashion by Lisa Jaffe
- Lunar: Ladies fashion
- Odrin: Premium menswear
- Rowdy Bags: South African manufactured leather bags
- Lucky Fish: Gifting & fashion
- Moma Apparel: Premium menswear
- Mungo Design: Locally manufactured textiles
- Mambu Design: Locally crafted jewellery and design
From Victoria Yards:
- Ashanti Shades: Deckchairs and umbrellas
- Coote & Wench: Handcrafted lighting design
- David Krynauw: Furniture design
- Delaney Studio: Artist studio
- Drybone Co: Leather wear and fashion
- Koop Studios/Mpho Clothing: Local fashion and clothing
- Ours Alone: Hand-sewn items
- Sarah Cronin Designs: Metalwork
- Smelt: Handblown glassware
- Tarp & Twill: Bags and accessories
- There & Back: Suitcase covers
- Tshepo the Jeanmaker: Custom denim
- Wrapt Knitwear: Design
- YOL: Jewellery design
- Young Bucks: Handmade bespoke notebooks and stationery
When Is It?
Every Wednesday from Wednesday, 06 November 2019 to Wednesday, 11 December 2019 until 20:00.
Where Is It?
Hyde Park Corner, Jan Smuts Avenue and William Nicol Drive, Hyde Park, Johannesburg.
How Much Is It?
Entry is FREE, just take cash for parking and shopping.
For More Information
You can also contact them on 011 325 4340.